Gilt.com / Stay away, be warned, they are not legitimate

Gilt Group bought out Buy With Me .com, which is a coupon voucher site like Groupon. They do not service the city I live in, so I no longer was able to use my credits for BWM. I had a cash credit on my account, from before Gilt bought them. I requested a refund, and I was instructed to buy something. I do not want their stuff. It is overpriced, does not appeal to me, and is not the type of thing I buy online. They have REFUSED to give me my money. Keep in mind, this is not a refund. I never purchased anything to return. It is CASH VALUE that belongs to me and they feel that they have the right to keep it, or force me to purchase. No matter what I purchase, I would have to send them more money, and I am unwilling to do that. Yes, the group is a Scam with a capital S. Stay away, be warned, they are not legitimate.

Comments

• Gi
      27th of Nov, 2011

Hello!

Thank you so much for all of this feedback regarding BuyWithMe and Gilt City. We really appreciate it! While we are extremely excited to have you and all of the other BuyWithMe subscribers as new members, there were some obstacles with the transition, especially in regards to transferring credits. We would love to take a better look into your particular situation and see what can be done. Please send us an email to [protected]@gilt.com with your email address and any additional information that you feel would help us investigate this matter.

Andrew K.
    Member Support

• Tw
      2nd of Jan, 2013
    Gilt.com - The absolute cheapest looking, tackiest, and cheaply made earrings ever
    Gilt.com
    gilt.com

I received a pair of earrings as a Christmas gift, and although taste is subjective, they were the absolute cheapest looking, tackiest, and cheaply made earrings ever! When I tried to find them on the website, I was unable to, but contacted customer service and they sent me the return form. When I clicked on the link, THEY WEREN'T THE EARRINGS I HAD RECEIVED!! And the print out of the picture said that the returned item must match the picture! Now what?? I've contacted Customer Service, so far; nothing.. I could have been a new Client, but now? Not..