Gillette / gillette commercial

Jacksonville, FL, United States Review updated:

I'm writing to let you know how disgusted i am about the #metoo commercial trashing "toxic masculinity". i am a female and am very offended and will never purchase a Gillette product again. As a matter of fact, we just purchased a pack of razor replacements this weekend and will be returning them. I've also contacted all of my family and friends and will ask them to boycott your products as well. You have just lost a loyal customer!

St
Jan 15, 2019

Comments

• Ck
      15th of Jan, 2019

I too an disgusted by this ad. I have a wonderful considerate husband and raised a fine, considerate, college educated son and do not appreciate them being lumped into whatever liberal message you are trying to get across. Get a clue Gillette. What a joke.

• Tj
      15th of Jan, 2019

@ckanary I concur, I will also use my masculine power to disparage this company every chance I get.

15th of Jan, 2019

@ckanary That's great. But keep in mind that gentlemen are a dying breed. Take a look at my post below.

• Tj
      15th of Jan, 2019

I concur and I will my masculine ene your products.ergy to also to disparag

15th of Jan, 2019

I have used your products for decades, but will now take my toxicity to another company who has a marketing department with common sense. Shame on you!

• Re

@James Morgan Sr. I love the dollar shave club

15th of Jan, 2019

@James Morgan Sr. Good. Take your toxicity. We don't need any more.

• Ro
      15th of Jan, 2019

I am disturbed that you would back toxic masculinity and put a commercial out stating this is what is wrong with our nation. Got news for you if America had more men that would stand up to this me/too crap we would not have these problems. I am a man and proud of my masculinity and I stand up for those who can not stand themselves. As a Vietnam vet It is bad enough to see what is becoming of our country and our men. I will not back you nor buy your products again. Your politics is not what I consider in America's best interest.

15th of Jan, 2019

@RonZzz Which is exactly what Gillette is trying to do with this commercial.

These whiny women need to take partial responsibility for this problem and shut up about it.

15th of Jan, 2019

As a woman and moreso a lady, I don't find it offensive at all. It's a breath of fresh air. All you women out there (not ladies) have dug your own grave for this because you decided to bully men into this metoo category.
    You. Made. Them. Make. This. Commercial.

What is it you want? You're saying you don't want your husbands, sons, brothers, fathers to take a stand against the bullying of anyone? You don't want them to stand up for what's right? Not many people have had the privilege of a gentleman's upbringing. That's what is missing from these people's minds! They were never taught how to behave like gentlemen!

This problem is now because of a few factors.

1: they have lived their lives being undiagnosed with Asperger's. I personally believe this is Trump.

2: they had no gentlemen teaching them how to behave like gentlemen.

3: a mixture of both.

4: and the biggest problem with this crap movement... The women who are victims are not speaking up until decades later! What is it you hope to accomplish with yakking about it now? How can your culprit be disciplined now for something that happened a generation ago? You just let him continue to get away with it for forty years, exposing others to his unchecked behavior! How credible are you???

• Kb
      20th of Jan, 2019

@Mrs Bean So, it is obvious by a few of your statements, that you may be a liberal minded individual, or a left leaning conservative. That is fine, and I won’t hold it against you, but will definitely adjust my comment to meet yours.

There are one or two instances in this commercial that might me a decent example for young ignorant men. However, it should be noted that this commercial is actually racist at the core. Now I’m not going to go into detail on that but if you watch it and see what I saw, you would see the attack had once again started on the straight white male.

If that is how Gillette wants to play, they have that right. Many, many straight white males will no longer purchase their products.

Now as far as how to treat a lady, let me explain something to you. If a woman doesn’t act like a lady, she will be treated accordingly. Women are actually worse than men when it comes to objectifying other women. If a woman acts like a lady, then she should be treated as such. A woman acting like a lady will never change the fact that if she looks nice, men are going to comment. I do not agree with how some do it, but I don’t think men should be discouraged from following a nice looking woman down the street trying to figure out how to ask her out. That happens in this commercial. Blatant BS, and it is NOT setting the right example for young men and boys. The demasculinization of our society has to stop. The shows that make mother look super smart and daddy look like a bumbling fool have to stop. Commercials like this have to stop, and everyone’s entitlement to not be offended needs to stop. Be adults.

• Ri
      21st of Jan, 2019

@Kbaei I know what you mean by the demasculinization of the modern male. I don't exactly know what is causing it but this new trend of coming out of the closet and all these transgender males is troubling to me. Is it the hormones in our milk from the crap they inject cows with or the stuff they give chickens to make the huge? I don't know and I haven't seen this Gillette commercial but I have seen the ten year old drag queen they are showing around. Another thing I've noticed is the "soy face" have you seen it? Just Google it they talj about the feminization of the American male and it's scary. They say the soy face is caused by too much soy in our diets. Just something to think about.

21st of Jan, 2019

@Kbaei Actually I am extremely conservative.

21st of Jan, 2019

@Mrs Bean I also said ladies, not women. I agree that women who don't act like ladies are not ladies. Ladies and gentleman are dying breeds

• Yu
      15th of Jan, 2019

No more Gillette for me - I simply won't purchase products from vendors that use men as their punching bags. Woke? BS! Whoever let this commercial out is asleep at the wheel.

15th of Jan, 2019

@Yuusuf Bulus Thank women for that.

• Pr
      21st of Jan, 2019

Because of your decision to target “toxic masculinity”, I will no longer purchase your shaving products. I have used ATRA and Mach 3 razors for years, but will use alternative products starting now! Good luck with the Hipsters, “woke” Millenials, and Antifa demographics to which you apparently cater. You could write an entire book about the extreme ideology embedded in what I believe is the most pathetic marketing decision I've seen in years.