Gillette Fusion Blades 8 Pack / blade quality worse than inferior

1 3132 Villa East Hills Court, San Jose, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4082582712

Purchased Fusion 8 Pack Shaver Blades from Target Store. All blades new. I am unable
to find a good quality blade with which to obtain a decent shave. All the blades were too
painful to use in order to shave with. I reported my dissatisfaction to the Gillette Company
to no avail. I obtained a Shick Disposable shaver and obtained a better than satisfactory
shave. I have never had cause to complain about a Gillette product before this occasion.
I can not in good conscience consider the purchase of another Fusion or Gillette product.

Comments

• Sh
      11th of Sep, 2012

I have being using gillette blades for years but this last year the quality of the blades are shocking are you trying to con the customers by using cheaper materials .The blades are very expensive so the quality should be there could you please explain why us the consumers should pay top prices for rubbish products.

• Ca
      22nd of Sep, 2012

I have used Gillett blades all life. When the sensor came out. I was quick to pull the trigger. I seemed to realize that when the Mach 3 came out, the sensor baldes fell in quality. i first thought it was my imagination. I did NOT change quickly over to the Mach 3. When I did (1 year later I was very happy) with the improvement. it was groundhog day when the fusion came out and once again when the Fusion proglide. Low and behold this week I fell onto a shaver that I had bought on a trip and stayed in my luggage since 2007. I said wow... time to proove my theory! So that night I shaved with that old shaver and it felt absolutely wonderful!. I have yet to switch to the the Fusion Proglide so I ran out to purchase one. I compared a new Proglide to the 2007 Fusion blade... gues what... They feel the same!!! Gillett is degrading older blades to make the new ones feel better!

• Al
      26th of Jul, 2018

I purchased a package of Gillette Fusion blades for my partner, from Pharmapacks on Amazon. When I wrote to the vendor about a complaint as to the efficiency of the blades, I was told to contact the manufacturer. My partner said the blades are not satisfactory because there is not enough cutting edge to give him a close shave. He is using a Gillette Fusion razor, specifically made for that blade. The quality of the blades, despite their high cost, is extremely disappointing.

• Al
      26th of Jul, 2018

I am repeating my original comment.

• Li
      16th of Jan, 2019

I too have used Gillette, for it's superior sharpness for over 45 years. However, I have noticed for the last 14-18 months, even brand new Mach Three blades are only good for 2-3 shaves. There is no doubt inferior quality of material and hastened dullness is a market ploy to push sales towards the Gillette Fusion. I for one am not chasing the poor marketing practiced they have endulged in and am now once again on the search for something worth paying for. Any remarks in this regard are welcomed. Regards.

• Sh
      20th of Jan, 2019

@Liiz I too noticed a difference in blade quality. I called Gillette customer service and complained and they acted if I was the only person that had noticed the difference in quality. I've used Gillette for over 30 years and won't be buying there product any longer.

• Ro
      5th of Feb, 2019

I bought my boyfriend a 12 pack of Gillette Sensor 2 and he said the blades must have been put in wrong because they were tearing his hair out of his face. We thought maybe it was just the one that was bad so he tried a few more out of the same package and they were the same. So I picked up a new pack, this time I bought the sensor 2 plus and he said they were better. Bought some more a few weeks later and I didn't remember which ones I bought the last time and ended up buying the sensor 2. Again these blades pulled on his face. Bye bye Gillette. Time to try another brand.