Gillette / commercial

To whom it may concern:

You should be ashamed of yourself. I am technically in the demographic that is not your target audience. I am 40 years old and am white. I have also used your razors since I was able to shave. Your commercial portrayed men as sexist and this is offensive. I love my wife and treat her as my best friend. I also am one of the guys. There is nothing wrong with this. My wife was attracted to me because she said that I am sweet, funny, and masculine. This is not a bad thing, but a balanced factor in a healthy relationship. I don't want my wife to be less feminine and not be more emotional than me. This is what makes her great. Moreover, it is what helps our relationship great. There is a balance between my "masculinity" and her "femininity". Gilette/P&G should stop projecting their generalities onto us. This is by definition sexist and bigoted. Yes, the commercial shows sexist WHITE men. When the men be feminine, it shows them in other races. How racist can you be? I am white, and I know my friends who are black are equally offended. You should immediately bring a stop to this commercial. Also, I have spent thousands of dollars on your products and I will be taking my business elsewhere. How beautiful is capitalism? I think it is funny that the advertisement on the top of this customer complaint page is Harry's. I believe they will get my business from now on. I am done with this unhealthy relationship with your products. What a shave (shame).

Sincerely,

Joel

Jo
Jan 16, 2019

Comments

17th of Jan, 2019

Not happy with Gillette! You show Women unable to defend themselves and men the root of all problems. Get out of the shame game! I've chucked all my Gillette products!

• Br
      8th of Feb, 2019

after watching your advert on .. male aggression .. which has nothing to do with your products, I am no longer a customer