Gillece Plumbing / Poor Service and scam

1 3000 Washington Pike Bridgeville, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 412-831-6199

Our toilet backed up Thursday February 4, 2010. We scheduled Gillece to come out the next day but they cancelled because of the weather. We rescheduled for Saturday but again they cancelled. We rescheduled for Tuesday and the technician was over an hour late from the last possible time given to us (they told us between 12-4 PM). The technician did not fix the problem and told us they would be back the next day. No one showed and we called only to be told they were overbooked and we would have to wait another week. I lost it and demanded my $99 deposit back. I was told they would 'get around to it'. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and found they have a BBB rating of F (lowest possible) and 114 current complaints against them. They are a SCAM and a FRAUD! It cost us almost $100 for them to stand us up four times and not fix anything! Do NOT use them ever!

Sa

Comments

• Un
      13th of May, 2010

also contacted Gillece plumbing and heating when my furnance was not working on 1/31/10. They came out same day and said that I had carbon monoxide leaking into my house and that I needed a new furnace. They priced a YORK 95.5% efficient furnace at $5400. I have been looking at ads and talking with people and most people had a new furnace and air conditioner installed for much less! Needless to say, the job, which was to have been completed in one day, took numerous visits over a two week period.

Now, here we are in May 2010. My air conditioner is not cooling. I had a friend's son who is an HVAC tech come over and he said that:

1) They did not connect my low voltage wire for the AC unit to the power conductor
    2) They did not connect a moisture drain for my AC unit during the reinstall when the furnace was replaced - this would have caused a mess of water all over my basement floor.
    3) IT'S THE ABSOLUTE WORST INSTALL JOB HE HAS EVER SEEN! HE SHOWED ME GAPS IN THE DUCT WORK AND MISSING DUCT JOINTS. It was absolutely patethic and I felt embarrased that as a single women I was undereducated and let myself be taken.

I DO NOT AND WILL NEVER REFER THEM AS A REPUTABLE DEALER FOR ANY KIND OF HEATING SERVICE.

• Bo
      30th of Jun, 2010

The biggest ripoff company I have ever encountered wanted to charge 735.

for simple replacement of a single faucet. I will never use them and have contacted local plumber to replace same item at total of 132.00 Buyer beware. I suggest a special investigation needs done by local news channel to publish for all to see the fraud that this company offers.

• 17
      4th of Sep, 2010

The Pennyslvania Attorney General's Office is investigating Gillece. Please contact them and report any problems you've had a problem with Gillece!

• La
      3rd of Jan, 2011

Huge rip off. Will charge you twice as much as the next guy, and force you into believing it's an emergency and you need it. Almost paid them 6K to replace sewer drain when it turns out it just needed a good cleaning of tree roots. Another estimate from a local plumber was 1800 for the same work. Tree roots are NOT reason to replace 100 feet of sewer line! A break, crack or fracture is. Had to call the police to get these guys off my property when I cancelled a contract for work, they didn't believe me and kept working. No joke. Look at their BBB rating, that's reason enough to find someone else. STAY FAR AWAY.