GigaWeb.com / Unauthorized charges

United States Review updated:
I discovered this website during a search for a specific gift. I also found other gifts on this website as well so I ordered 7 things on Dec 26th. I checked the next day and it still said that my order was pending. On the 3rd day after making the order I noticed the money had been retrieved from my bank acct but still pending on the website. I sent four emails and tried to call numerous times but no answer on the phone, just a hang up. My husband then discovered this website on [redacted].com and stated that I should file a report. As of today, 01/05/09, I haven't heard or received anything via email, mail or phone as to where my merchandise is and if in fact it was going to be ordered.

D  27th of Jan, 2009 by
With alot of staff on vacation at the holidays, it is possible there was a delay in response to your customer support issue. If you still have any type of problem, please let us know so we can take care of the issue as soon as possible. I do apologize for any trouble you may have encountered.

Best Regards,
Joe McCarthy
N  28th of Jan, 2009 by

GigaWeb.com - Unauthorized billing
1181 S Rogers Circle Ste 26
Boca Raton

I ordered some wedding items from gigaweb.com - over $93 worth of items, which they took from my credit card the next day! 3 weeks later and I had not received my order. Firstly, when I tried to check my order the web site was down and this went on for about a week. Eventually it was up again and I checked my order but it said it was still processing.

So I emailed gigaweb via the email I had gotten about my order, just to see what was happening with it and I got no reply. Then, I emailed the owner Joe McCarthy and still no reply. So I called them several times and most times the phone got cut off or it just rang and rang.

So via the web site, I used the 'Contact Us' form and no reply either. Finally last saturday I phoned and was able to leave a message but still no one has emailed me or called me regarding my order. I tried calling them again this week and the phone call was cut off every time.

So finally I sent them an email to cancel my order and nothing again!

Therefore beware buyers I would not go within one inch of gigaweb.com
D  28th of Jan, 2009 by
I'm sorry to hear you had a problem.

Your situation is highly unusual.

We answer our phones at 877-444-2411 and all customer support emails.

If you would provide more information to us so we can track down what happened with your order, we will gladly take care of any problems you have.

We take all customer support issues as a top priority and I do apologize for the problems you encountered.

Best Regards,
Joe McCarthy
A  15th of Jun, 2010 by
I placed an order on 3 June, 2010 for nearly $1, 000. My payment cleared immediately, however I am unable to find a status on my order. Furthermore, I received an Email summarizing my order, with no tracking information attached, stating that I would receive my order within 5-7 business days. Well it has been more than 7 business days and I haven't even gotten word on whether my order was fulfilled, is processing, has been shipped, if so to where, or if the donkey took my money and ran. I am starting to believe that the latter is the most plausible scenario at this point.

Try calling the toll free number. Their agents are never available. Wait wait wait, I'm going to call right now to prove it: "You've reached the GigaWeb! To place a new order, press 1. For shipping information, press 2. For Customer Support, Press 3: (PRESS 3) Please hold as we connect you to one of our Gigaweb customer support representatives. (0.5 seconds worth of music plays) "You've reached the Gigaweb customer support service center. Due to heavy call volume, all of our representatives are currently assisting other customers. Please leave your name and number, along with the reason for your call..."

Now I don't type THAT fast, so you can only think of how many times I had to call just now to type out that entire message, and I got it EVERY SINGLE TIME I CALLED! You will too, if you called. The number is 877-444-2411. (right Joe?) I've called numerous times over the past week and a half and have never been able to get someone on the line. I finally decided to write an Email the other day but based on my experience thus far, I am not expecting very much from that. I see that Joe is diligent in apologizing on these complaint boards and he so kindly offers up the very same toll free number they're complaining about to call back. Way to throw customers back into the abyss of never-ending frustration! Go-Go-Gadget-Customer-Service-Skills! Hey Joe, since you'll probably read this, why don't you spare me the "your case is a very unusual one" and fix your system. It is not unusual if you never get an answer every single time you call. That is what you call the "norm".

I would really like to have favors to give to my guests for my wedding. Perhaps I can pick them a clump of grass and apologize by saying "Sorry, I did buy you a thank you gift for flying all the way over here from England but it wasn't important for the folks at GigaWeb.com to mail it after I paid them, so you get this clump of grass instead."

Thanks, Joe and GigaWeb.com. I'll be sure to spread the good word. Unless of course you SEND ME MY ORDER!!! Then maybe I’ll consider taking down my numerous complaints across the internet.
A  23rd of Oct, 2010 by
Hey Joe, Stop ripping people off and give people what they pay their hard earned money for!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!
D  20th of Nov, 2010 by
I’m facing the same problem as the lady mention above I’m trying to contact gigaweb but nobody answered my email I have send 4 email with no answer

regards, Aisha