Giftsnideas.com / substandard service

I made two orders from giftsnidea.com on the 27th May 2013 to send to Malaysia (from NZ)- order numbers [protected], and [protected], and asked to be delivered on the 31st May 2013, which is (was) my mother's birthday.

first of all, the orders were more expensive than I had anticipated as I also needed to pay for 'express delivery' and 'hand delivery' fees (even though I have given ample of time to deliver the goods) - nonetheless, I was told some goods have only one method of delivery and therefore customers will be charged the handling fees. OK, I accepted that.

Then I received emails (multiple identical emails I may add) requesting a time so gifts n ideas personnel can call me to verify I am a genuine person, with a genuine credit card details before they placed the orders. So I wrote back promptly giving them an appropriate time to call (not knowing where they will be calling from, I have even told them the time difference). But a phone call never arrived. Interestingly, my credit card was charged on the 28th May - interesting, because the orginal reason for the phone call was to verify me, wasn't it? But without the verification (ie not knowing if I am a genuine card holder from your end) my card was still charged!

I eventually rang and spoke to one of the personnels the next day and enquired reasons why the card was charged before verification - i was told ' is the company policy'. Apparently I have written the wrong area code on the form when I made the order - so nevermind, i accepted I probably do have to take a responsibility if I have not written the right mobile number.
One would have thought that the phone call I made would be sufficient for verification - but NO! Apparently I have to hang up from my landline and rang you again using my mobile phone because that was the phone number I provided - even though I was able to tell them my mobile number - that apparently is insufficient for verification! Mobile phone was provided as that would be the easiest way to contact me at work, and naturally I rang from my landline because I am making an overseas call - anyone in the right mind would have used the landline to call! But no, not enough, I have to hang up and ring again! Eventually the personnel finally suggested I can ring with my mobile and 'missed call' so he can verify me and ring me back on my mobile - I wonder why wasn't that suggested in the first place!

Nevermind, I am a patience person - so eventually a delivery date was organised - 1st June for one order (the flowers and chocolate truffles), and 5th June for the other (the perfume). So I was at eased a little. I then received a phone call to say the truffles were not to be arriving ontime, but they can change to Ferro Rochocer for me - Look, I would have ordered Ferraro if I wanted that, but I expect to get what I order. So I told them I am prepared to wait and have the first order arrive the same time as the latter. But again, NO - another email received to say that the 'concerned department' was not able to deliver the truffles so it will be Ferraro afterall -- and the orders finally arrived on the 3rd June. The flowers were at the different configuration from the photos - I do appreciate variation, but not to that extent.

OK, the second order - the perfume, sure enough, didn't arrive on the 5th June as promised, and at the time of the writing of this email - I have literallly just made a phone call to them (having made one the night before on the 6th NZ evening time) and was told 'the concerned department' hasn't get back to them with a response. Anyone with patience would have run out of the patience by now.

I have told them and complained. I request the order to be cancelled and demand a full refund back. The delivery did not arrive as promised, neither was there an email or phone call to explain the delayed in delivery. The goods that was delivered was substandard. THis is far from the expectation and the impression customers received. Not to mention the unnecessary costs I have to pay to made overseas calls.

I WILL NOT BE USING THEIR SERVICE AGAIN, AND I WILL ENSURE THAT THIS COMPLAINTS GO A LONG WAY SO THAT PEOPLE WILL KNOW TO USE AGAINST YOUR SERVICE.

Un
Jun 6, 2013

Comments

• Gr
      3rd of Sep, 2013

Dear Sarina L,

I am sorry for not observing this website before. I am the Customer Service Manager for Giftsnideas.com. Firstly, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. We would like to listen and solve all your concerns related to our service. We have investigated your both the orders # 02203170 & 02203171. We would be glad to process refund for your both the orders as per the customer satisfaction policy we follow. If you have any more concerns related to our service then please drop an email to customerservice@giftsnideas.com or you can directly contact me at grace@giftsnideas.com. We will definitely look into it, verify and make sure that you are provided with fruitful solution.

We at Giftsnideas.com always adhere to provide 100% customer satisfaction. We are always here to listen, understand and provide you with best solution.

Warm Regards