Gifts.com / Poorly managed company

1/21/08 received an e-mail from my sister. I could pick a gift card of my choice from Gifts.Com.

I placed my order on 1/23/08 for Old Chicago. When I did not received the card, via us mail in 10 business days, I called. I was told someone would call me back, they did not. 2 days letter I sent them an e-mail. 2 days after that I sent another e-mail. The next day I got a reply, I said "Please print, sign and mail the attached affidavit to the address provided. Your gift cards will be reshipped when the affidavit is received and reviewed".

I mailed the affidavit and on 2/25 received a gift card in the mail. It was for MACYS!!! I immediately called and was told there was a problem in the distribution center. I asked to speak with a supervisor who told me that they would send out an envelope to return the Macys card and when they received it they would send the right card out. I told him that it was unacceptable and they should be able to cancel the Macys card and send the Old Chicago one out. He said that someone from IT would call me, I told him that I had heard that before and if I did not get a call the next day I would start posting complaints.

I never got a call, however, I did receive an e-mail saying that an envelope would be sent out. As of today I have not received that envelope!

I think that this company is poorly run and I don't suggest that anyone does business with them.

Va

Comments

• Za
      14th of Aug, 2009
    Gifts.com - Buyer beware - no refunds
    Gifts.com

As with many online vendors, Gifts.com has buried it's "Terms of Service" in small print and ambiguous language on their website where you are not likely to find it.
    Once your transaction is complete, there is no turning back - no refunds, ever. Even if you just get a gift code via email, you have no recourse other than getting your credit card company to remove the charge from your account.
    If that wasn't bad enough, their first line "customer support" is sub-contracted and only communicates with company employees and "executives" via email.
    If you want to get a certificate, go to a reputable online vendor like Amazon.com where at least they offer direct customer service and reasonable responses to customer requests. I cannot recommend Gifts.com to anyone!! Stay away.

14th of Dec, 2009
    Gifts.com - Buyer beware
    gifts.com

Gifts.com a site I frequent for fun gift ideas recently was pushing a product called "Signature Days". It was a great idea in that you could pay for a fun day trip for someone...vineyard tour, hot air balloons, etc. Anyway, I spent $150 on a trip for a family member only to recently recieve a bankruptcy notice from the "Signature Days" company. No money back and gifts.com isn't supporting their products in anyway...so buyer beware! I figured gifts.com would do a bit more research on the companies they featured to create a great user experience...guess not!

• Tr
      19th of Apr, 2010
    Gifts.com - I think it's a forwarding or "feeder" website
    gifts.com

I ordered a dicks sporting goods giftcard using the valid reedem code i had, and after a week they won't send me my code. I have sent in a question which they didn't respond to.

• Mo
      21st of Apr, 2010

Let's get something straight. That's GIFTS.Com...Not More-Gifts.com Thank You

• Di
      23rd of Feb, 2011

ahh, wow! Definitely! God guide us through our life while teachers teach us how to live. Some teacher appreciation gifts ideads for you and your teachers on our website(diyawards.com), some thought-provoking...

• Fr
      2nd of Nov, 2012
    Gifts.com - I think it's a forwarding or "feeder" website
    gifts.com

I wanted to shop the dog/pet department of this website since it came up fairly high in the results of my search. However, I think it's a forwarding or "feeder" website, because they only have 12 products for sale. Plus, there's a link at the end of every product description that diverts you to another website.