Giftcardmall.com / Don't Do it!!

1 Sandy, UT, United States Review updated:

Ordered a $200 card over a month ago. They keep saying that they sent the activation code seperatly, but have never recieved it. I have called them 4 times now. I have been hung up on twice in the middle of my story. Still do not have the activation code which equals no money. What a scam!! I will never do business with them again!

Re

Comments

• Gi
      7th of Oct, 2010

Hi Reekev,

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. As a public relations representative for Blackhawk Network (Gift Card Mall™) we would like to research this issue with GiftCardMall customer service representatives so we can get your card activated. Can you please send specifics of where you bought the card, where you tried to use it and the numbers on the card to pr@blackhawk-net.com so that we can resolve your issues? (Please be sure not to post that information on this page.)

Thank you!
    Meghan Fintland, on behalf of GiftCardMall.com

• Le
      20th of Oct, 2010

I had the same experience. I can't understand why they have to make this so complicated. I have got tons of gift cards in the past and I have never gone through this hassle of calling to activate the card. And they did not send the activation code to make the matters worse. I hate you giftcardmall!!!

• Gi
      25th of Oct, 2010

Hi Leorulez,

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. As a public relations representative for Blackhawk Network (Gift Card Mall™) we would like to research this issue with Gift Card Mall customer service representatives so we can get your card activated if you have not yet completed the process. Can you please send specifics of what type of card you purchased, where you bought the card and the numbers on the card to pr@blackhawk-net.com so that we can resolve your issues? (Please be sure not to post that information on this page.)

Thank you!

Meghan Fintland, on behalf of GiftCardMall.com

24th of Dec, 2010

Wish I saw this before I ordered $300 worth of cards for Christmas gifts. I paid for UPS tracking that never worked. Sent 2 emails about it that got nothing more then a reiteration of the tracking link and the tracking numbers. Second email I even included a screen shot of the error saying to contact the sender if it was over 3 bus days and no tracking (it was 6). Called and representative informed me "That is UPS's problem not mine. " Eventually 6 cards showed up 1 day and the other 2 showed up a few days later. As I type this on Christmas eve I have not received activation codes. Mind you I placed the order originally on December 5th. If they are not in today's mail I will be posting to all my friends on FB and asking them to repost.

24th of Dec, 2010

Finally reached a representative named Gabby who put a ticket in for automatic activation! Said it might take up to 48 hours but I would get a phone call from a supervisor when the cards where activated. I can live with this and she is the only reason I am not filing official complaints with the BBB and AG's office.

28th of Dec, 2010

Update on my own, issue: Spoke to Gabby 12-24 was suppose to see kids gifts are for on 12-26 but snow storm. Called gift card mall again on 12-28 only to find out that they didn't auto activate. They generated new codes to be mailed on 12-25, 2 to 3 days handling and then mailing? Asked for a supervisor who promised a call back within 2 hours, we will see.

• Ar
      31st of Dec, 2010

This is either a scam or something else?

• Md
      11th of Feb, 2011

I'm starting to think they deliberately ignore cards that don't work or missing activation codes so that they can hold on to people's money. They make it nearly impossible to contact them. If you post something online they give an email address and then don't respond when you send in the info.

• Fo
      26th of Nov, 2012

...hmm...I wish I had read this before bF...this company is a totally ripoff!!!