GIC / Unauthorized charges

Beware of on-line ripoff for 30 day free trial of Colon xR - unreachable!! These people are totally unreachable - very shady outfit. Their number [protected] keeps cutting me off. No other way to reach them. I fear they will charge my cc as they charged for s/h of $5.95.

Ni

Comments

• Va
      24th of Nov, 2008

I ordered this free offer and was promised delivery by October 22, 2008 and it never came. After reading all the other [redacted]s, I am going to my bank and closed the account. Talked with the Attorney General of State for Florida and found out that they have numerous complaints of fraud against them, now there is a surprise. I am filing my complaint with the Attorney Generals office for business fraud and let the state handle the scammers and hopefully puts them out of business and better yet have them deported.

• Va
      25th of Nov, 2008
    GIC - Awful company
    GIC
    gic.com.sg

Order a trial of the Acai Berry with the promise of only paying S/H of $5.95. I received the order on October 14th and my account was charged $88.62 on October 20, 2008. Tried repeatedly to contact this company on all phone numbers listed on invoice and credit card statement to no avail.

This company needs to be shut down.

• Li
      17th of Dec, 2008
    GIC - Unauthorized billing
    GIC
    gic.com.sg

I had heard about this product from Oprah Winfrey show. Saw add on the Intranet. Add stated you could order a 30 day supply free. Pay shipping only which was 5.95. Looked the add on intranet over carefully . Did not see anywhere that you had to cancel membership within 15 days or your credit card would be charged full amount. The add also offered free cleanse product with acai berry supplement. Several weeks after I received free product, I received a second order. I tried for 4 hours and finally was able to reach customer service at GIC. I told the person I want to send back product and cancel future shipments. I was given RMA # and shipped back product. When I received my bill from GIC ON CREDIT CARD I had been charged for 1st and second order. This was a total of 347.00. Called the company back and could not reach any of the #'s on my credit card bill. There were four different numbers. One for each Item. Have been trying for days to reach someone at GIC, with no luck. I send product back with certified mail and know that it has been received by GIC. Have called my credit card company and they are going to try and reach company also. WARNING to anyone who sees this advertisement. IT IS A RIPP-OFF.

• La
      17th of Dec, 2008

Was it a commercial aired during the Oprah show or was OPRAH actually recommending it on her show??

If just a commercial - its time you figured out that just because it is advertised does not make it legitimate.

Oprah does not sell advertising time - the networks and local stations do and they never check to see if the product is legitimate. neither do magazines, newspapers or even internet sites that sell advertising. They want the money - they do not care if the consumer gets ripped off or not.

The ad money is too important.

FIGURE IT OUT

• Al
      3rd of Jan, 2009

Beware of on-line ripoff for 30 day free trial of Colon xR - unreachable!! These people are totally unreachable - very shady outfit. Their number 888-820-2656 keeps cutting me off. No other way to reach them. I fear they will charge my cc as they charged for s/h of $5.95.