Gibbs NJ / Katherine Gibbs has not performed the job that said they would

1 630 W Mt. Pleasant Ave.Livingston, NJ, United States Review updated:

I attended Gibbs college in 2006 and was very disatified how the classes were tsught they said would help me pass the as a Adminstrative Assistant, I am now in debt for 28, 000.00 dollars, classes due to minimum training all of the microsoft office teachings sucked I could have gone to staples classes and learned more then what they taught me. Gibbs said they would help me graduate but little did i no it would be by taking out many loans I was unaware of. This scheme has me in debt now unable to attend another college to furthur my career. I joined Gibbs College and and had one more senester to go but ran out of financial assistists. I spent $28, 000 in loans and grants to go to a school that taught me nothing. Overcrowded classes, under qualify teachers and class curiculum are very limited they give you a bunch of useless overpriced books. I just read that the school got shut down by the higher education for not meeting requirement and much more. The gibb school takes advantage of hopeless people trying to get an education to better thenselve. Its a true shame

Garnish payment, poor credit score, cant apply for any type of loans mentaly and emotionaly disturbed by the situation

How can the government take money from their citizens when they now know they gave money to a college that did not use the funds appropriately. The government should be ashamed for not helping us and not suing Gibbs College and forgiving our loans. I am afraid to default on the loan because it is through the Federal Government, but there should be some retribution for taking advantage of us and the sleezy tactics and lies told to get young people to register at Gibbs. Someone out there needs to help us!

I have not been able to pay the loan because the monthly payments were 3 times what they said they would be. I am not able to transfer my credits to another institution because they lied about that

I have not completed the Gibbs college and would like to tell anyone if they plan to go to school there be prepared to be in debt and not learn anything.

Ka

Comments

• Jy
      17th of Apr, 2009

I also attended Gibbs College and now know Gibbs was a big ripoff, and for a lot of people who attended classes in Vienna, Va. We were not organized. Gibbs has now been taken over by Sanford Brown College and Sanford Brown Institute to hide the large number of students who were dissatisfied but stuck with huge loans, no job referrals and and no job internships.

• Tr
      1st of Oct, 2009

I have also attended Katherine Gibbs College in 2001. I did graduate with an AS in Computer Operating Systems, however I have the same problem mentioned above. I wanted to go back to school since 2005 and was told that I can not because of my student loans (all acquired through Katherine Gibbs). Now I am currently $40, 000 in dept, can not afford to pay my loans every month on time, is struggling with many bills, and feel like I'm stuck. I need to go back to school, I love school, and this is what I'm faced with. Talk about a sad future...

• Gi
      16th of Nov, 2010

I attended in 2003/2004? It is all a blur because I never completed the courses even with a 3.83 GPA. I was told if I completed my first two terms (semesters) on the dean list I would be applicable for a grant that would assist me with my monthly payments. In good faith, I decided to tough out the first two terms and and scrape by to pay my month bill until I cpuld get the scholarship. At the end of my second term, I went to the adminstrative offices to get my grant application only to be told that I was not applicable because I did not come right out of high school prior to attending GIBBS ( I graduated high school1989)...therefore I was too old to get this scholarship. This was particularly disappointing because there were students there who were flunking out; barely passing and getting to stay because they were fully paid by government programs...here is am on the DEANS list and being told to hit the road! With the third term coming I knew I was in no financial position to continue so, I withdrew. So, now I had student loans and a small portion owed directly to the institution. The REAL kicker was to discover that GIBBS claimed I withdrew NEAR the MIDDLE of my third term, when in actuality I withdrew the first week. Naturally this messed up my financial aid and caused me to owe more money directly to the institution. So they screwed me all the way around! Because of this I will not be able to receive official transcripts and must start over from scratch.