GIANT / Staff member used my PAssion card points

1 Singapore Review updated:

My mother handed her PAssion card over to Giant (Junction 10) staff He Wei on the 17 of June, in the morning at 11am. She didn't return the card to her. As she was in a hurry, she eft the place and only remembered her PAssion card later. There was 178 points on the card balance.

The next day, when I went back to get her card back, the customer service executive took out a stack of PAssion cards to look for mine. I was shocked to see that so many people 'forgot' their passion cards. She handed the card back to me without checking the points balance. When I asked her to check the point balance, she said there was only 11 points on it. I brought out my mother's grocery receipt to show her that there should be 178 points in addition to the remaining points. With evidence, the executive fumbled and claimed the system was down yesterday, thus the card cannot be credited with the points. She did a manual top-up for me. This situation sounds fishy.

First of all, all the shops I go to ask customers to tap their cards, not swipe it. I was there with my mum when she was paying at the counter. I saw that He Wei asked for her card to swipe, claiming that the 'tap' system did not capture my purchases. We were in a hurry and my mother gave her card over, subsequently forgetting to get it back. I believe this is a ruse she's used a few times to get customers' cards, choosing those that seem muddle-headed.

Secondly, if the system had been down and unable to capture my purchases, an honest cashier would have told my mum straightforwardly, and directed her to the customer service counter immediately. She did not inform us that the system had problems.

Thirdly, the customer service executive handed the card back to me without clarifying the balance. What if I had walked away, trusting her? I wouldn't be able to go back and ask for the card to be credited as the staff can say that I've spent it already.

I strongly believe that the staff at Giant (Junction 10) use the ruse to prey on elderly man and women who are not so alert, since there are many retirees shopping there. Since the usage of the PA card requires no signing, I think they spent the point balance. Moral of the story? Do be careful when shopping there, the staff is very dishonest!

Ju

Comments

• Ll
      21st of Sep, 2013
    GIANT - watering down meat
    shopper
    Hyattsville
    Maryland

last week went to a bowie giant for something seen pork tenderloins half price jumped on 3 of them.all were 6 buck area.put them in the freezer.day or two later went to giant 2 blocks from me in glenridge shopping center and bought one for well over 7 bucks.think 7 buck on would be bigger.hell no.a lot of water came out of glenridge none out of bowie.paid more for less meat.pumping water in the pagage thats not fair.i want to know are you going to do something about it.can't wait to hear back from you.after all would be nice to be able to shop 2 blocks away