GIANT / Unfair practices

1 United States

Good evening. My mother-in-law has been working for Giant for the past 13.5 years. A few weeks ago, her hours were cut considerably. Her manager, who is 22 years old, told her that if she worked some weekends she would get her hours back. What do they consider to be a weekend because my mother in law works every Sunday night?

I would like to know if the management at Giant in Bensalem, PA is trained to know what they need or do they just let them all make huge mistakes? My mother-in-law and her friend, Phyllis, are about the two hardest workers in the salad bar. They are treated very poorly and if something isn’t done we will contact a lawyer who is adept at getting the employees what is needed/wanted.

I would appreciate it if someone would contact that store and find out what the produce manager’s problem is with an employee who is there the entire time she is scheduled to be, gets her work done to the best of her abilities, is ALWAYS on time and has never taken more than her 15 minute break, is sick and tired of being dumped on by management.

Ec