Ghds-MK4.com / Faulty GHD's

China Review updated:

I purchased a set of PINK mk4 GHD's for my daughters birthday. They only worked for 2 weeks and then stopped heating up. I emailed them and they told me to send then back to China which cost me £12.50 registered mail. I have emailed about 6 times since I returned them on the 12/08/08 and I still havn't received them. I am really annoyed that this type of thing keeps happening. These people should NOT be allowed to TRADE, they are fraudsters !! Not only have I lost the money for the GHD's and the postage, I have still got to buy another set of Straighteners as they were my daughters 15th Birthday Present !! I am really angry about this! PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM TIHS COMPANY !!! THEY DON'T WORK !!!
Ur

Comments

Va
  7th of Aug, 2008

Ghds-MK4.com - Fraud and scam
Ghds-MK4.com
ghds-mk4.com

I bought ghd straighteners from this company and when i received them i was not convinced that they were the real deal so to speak. One of the prongs on the plug was loose and i deemed them unsafe for use. I therefore returned to the web site and expressed my concerns, they said return the item and they would issue a full refund. However after returning them to the company they refused a refund so now not only do i not have the straighteners but i also do not have the money.

I took this to Paypal and they said that they would help, they pushed me to escalate the claim and when i did so Paypal said instantly it was case closed as they only proceed to escalate claims where items had not been received, so not only did i have ghds mk4 laughing Paypal were also having a good old chuckle as well.
Me
  11th of Aug, 2008
I also purchased a set of straightners from this company. The second time I used them, they made a cracking noise and smoke started coming out - assuming the item has blown up!

I emailed the company and described what had happened. They said they'd replace the straightner on it's return to then. However, they said they would not accept the postage costs to return the item even though they've sold me a faulty product.

I've since tried to contact them to discuss this and they will no longer reply to my emails. I'm not sure it's worth another loss of $50 for postage
Pe
  27th of Aug, 2008

Ghds-MK4.com - Terrible company
Ghds-MK4.com
United Kingdom
www.ghds-mk4.com

Bought a set of GHD's from GHDS-MK4.com, they stopped working within 5 days. have sent numerous emails to no avail, have accepted the loss now. My Advice " Do not buy anything from this bunch of rip off scammers" I hate the fact that there a people like these ### in the world!
Em
  28th of Aug, 2008
I agree totally with this complaint - DO NOT BUY GHDS FROM GHDS-MK4.COM. I bought some ghds last month from them and when i recieved them, after switching them on once the plastic melted. I emailed them to say they were faulty and like the others were told that it was not a problem to get a full refund and that all i had to do was return them to them and then they would refund, so i paid 20 pound to return them recorded delivery to shanghai, i then emailed to ask if they had got them... they emailed back and said no but they would look into it using a tracking number ...and that was the last i heard - they have now been ignoring my emails for 2 and a half weeks and im guessing like the others on this website iv lost my 90 pound.

This website is a SCAM- DONT BUY FROM THEM!!!
Me
  31st of Aug, 2008
Unfortunately I purchased a GHD from this site. I cannot believe people can be so evil. Selling these fake and dangerous GHD's is a crime. Why hasnt anyone put this site out of business. I will be taking this further and am totally heartbroken by my purchase.

PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE anything from GHDS-MK4.COM
This is a total SCAM
Mo
  13th of Sep, 2008
ohh my god i have the same problem as you only i bough two sets of strsightners. i received them and they worked for a whole 5 mins i returned them through royal mail and now there are missing either through the post r they ahve them and are bluffing me.
Ke
  14th of Oct, 2008
Yes, my sister had the same problem with ghds-mk4.com. Brought and received the straightners only to find out when registering them with GHD that they were counterfiet. ghds-mk4.com advised her to return them and she would receive a full refund. It has been over 2 months now and no money has been returned to my sister. If you are planning on buying a pair of GHD's do NOT buy them from ghds-mk4.com!
Pr
  23rd of Oct, 2008
i agree totally i bought 3 pairs of pink ones 4 family presents my daughter lost some hair no reply from emails
Ch
  21st of Nov, 2008
I have been trying to pursue a claim through paypal regarding these straighteners.
They said that if anyone else makes a complaint to them regarding these goods within 180 days of my transaction dispute on 10th July 2008 they will open a dispute with the seller.
Ch
  21st of Nov, 2008
I sent my straighteners back as they were faulty and they were returned not known at this address.
Get on to pay pal even if the 45 day dispute period is over as they have 180 days to open a dispute with the seller if more than one person complains.
If you have already had a dispute closed you have to ring them and explain.
Hope we can do something about these rip off merchants
Be
  4th of Mar, 2010
Thank you all for your reviews, I almost bought one from them and I saw their shipping methods were nothing I had heard of so I decided to do some research on this company.