G.H. Bass / Lack of customer service

On January 17, 2009 at 2:50 pm I went to the cashier to make a purchase. I wanted to purchase 3 pairs of Mens socks that were under a sale sign 3 for 14.99, 3 pairs of womens socks 3 for 12.99, and a rolling duffle bag that was on sale for 47.99. While the cashier was ringing them up I noticed the sale prices were not coming up on some of the items. When I asked if the sale prices would be reflected at the end of the transaction the cashier seemed annoyed and told me they were the sale prices. When I told him the mens socks were not coming up with the sale price, he then looked closer and told me one of the pairs were not coming up the same and they were not part of the sale. I told him I did not want them and that I would pick up another pair that was on sale. He seemed very annoyed that I was questioning him.

When we had that settled, he proceeded to ring up my purchase. At the end of the transaction the price still seemed to be too high. When I questioned the prices he became very agitated and at that point I asked to see a manager. To my surprise the manager was also standing behind the counter listening to the exchange and never stepped in to offer her assistance. After explaining what just took place she looked at the receipt and noticed the first pair of socks was never taken off of the transaction. It was then that she asked me if I brought them up with my order. She seemed irritated and acted as if it were my fault and not the cashier that forgot to take them off of my bill. During the time she was ringing up the refund for the socks she never spoke to me again or offered an apology. My husband and I began to walk out of the store and said nothing further to anyone. As we were leaving the store, the cashier turned to my husband and said, Im not your child, you cant speak to me like one, and proceeded to kick a stack of boxes near the counter.

G.H. Bass has had a reputation of outstanding customer service. I did not find that to be the case on this day. While I understand that the retail business can be stressful, I find this behavior to be reprehensible, especially from store managers. If this is G.H. Bass new way of doing business, I will need to take my business elsewhere and inform others of my experience.

Ta
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Mi
      26th of Jan, 2010

HI I WORKED FOR GH BASS FOR 25 YEARS. I WAS GOING TO RETIRE THERE BUT THEY CLOSED THERE DOORS BEFORE THAT. I ASK FOR A BASS CARD FOR SHOPPING AT VANHUSEEN AND AT BASS STORES BUT I WAS TOLD THEY ONLY GAVE THEM TO CERTIN PEOPLE. I KNEW OF A CHIEF THAT WORKED FOR GHBASS AND GAVE HIS CARD TO HIS BROTHER WHO ONLY WORKED THERE FOR 5 YEARS. WHATS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY. THANK YOU

• Td
      21st of Jun, 2010

I bought a pair of penny loafers less than three weeks ago and have worn them less than three times and they're falling apart already. I would just take them back but now I am seven thousand miles away from the store I bought them in. What do I do now? Not amused at all!