GFM / Bad service

United States Review updated:

My in-laws purchased a GFM television undera year ago and it started having problems a month ago.

The speakers started popping when the tv is first turned on and lasts for about 30 minutes.

When I contact GFM they tell me that Meijers is responsible...When I call Meijer..Meijer tells me they have a 6 months warranty and after the 6 months the manufacturer should honor their 1 year warranty...

When I contact GFM they tell me that Meijer is strictly responsbile for the warranty..

I just think it is rediculous that GFM/Meijers sell these tvs that don't even last a year and when you try to get support/service you are tossed back and fourth.

The tv belongs to my elderly in-laws who spent plenty of money on this tv.
Va

Comments

Ge
  22nd of Feb, 2009
My Tv. is doing the same thing with the popping... I dealt with it at first and no its doing it whenever it is on... POP POP POP POP POP POP!!! I hope I do not have as much trouble as your in laws did :( Did it eventually get resolved?? Please email me if you get a chance to read this... gerretyb@hotmail.com
Du
  5th of Nov, 2009
Actually Meijer is responsible for figuring out something for you. It is Meijer brand, and Meijer is to stand behind it's own brand 100%. You need to talk to the store director, if no result... Take it to the next level. You will be taken care of.
So
  3rd of Jan, 2011
TV just stopped working.. tried to call company get voicemail.. mail box full and cant leave message