GFM / Bad service

My in-laws purchased a GFM television undera year ago and it started having problems a month ago.

The speakers started popping when the tv is first turned on and lasts for about 30 minutes.

When I contact GFM they tell me that Meijers is responsible...When I call Meijer..Meijer tells me they have a 6 months warranty and after the 6 months the manufacturer should honor their 1 year warranty...

When I contact GFM they tell me that Meijer is strictly responsbile for the warranty..

I just think it is rediculous that GFM/Meijers sell these tvs that don't even last a year and when you try to get support/service you are tossed back and fourth.

The tv belongs to my elderly in-laws who spent plenty of money on this tv.

Va

Comments

• Ge
      22nd of Feb, 2009

My Tv. is doing the same thing with the popping... I dealt with it at first and no its doing it whenever it is on... POP POP POP POP POP POP!!! I hope I do not have as much trouble as your in laws did :( Did it eventually get resolved?? Please email me if you get a chance to read this... gerretyb@hotmail.com

• Du
      5th of Nov, 2009

Actually Meijer is responsible for figuring out something for you. It is Meijer brand, and Meijer is to stand behind it's own brand 100%. You need to talk to the store director, if no result... Take it to the next level. You will be taken care of.

• So
      3rd of Jan, 2011

TV just stopped working.. tried to call company get voicemail.. mail box full and cant leave message