Gevalia Coffee / Beware of them

I sent in my 'shipping fee' for the firms 'free coffee' and 'free coffee maker' and received the product in the time advertised. I used the coffee maker about 12 times in three weeks and now the maker does not work. The 'time' window revolves rapidly changing the hours continually, but does not power up the unit. It is a worthless piece of Chinese junk.

Va

Comments

Gr
  8th of Mar, 2009

I bought a Chinese-manufactured Aroma rice maker. Made rice very well. Quit working after three batches. Got a replacement, no charge. It quit working after six batches of rice. While it worked, it worked well. The store said I could have one more. I asked to apply the money to a non-Aroma maker; an Oster. Store said o.k. No more problems, 6 years and 50-60 batches of rice later. Some brands of chinese-made small electrical appliances have cheap components that are not good enough to be durable, and quality control is suspect also. Gevalia is foolish to continue this freebie coffee maker program. Bad word-of mouth will hurt their sales, even though only people with considerable disposable income are going to buy $18-24 dollar a pound coffee. I drink Maxwell House medium roast. If you hold your nose and drink Maxwell House and Starbuck's best alternately there is slight difference. With your nose open, Starbuck's has a wonderful fragrance that Maxwell House can't touch. But I refuse to pay big bucks for fancy coffee aroma. I'm Greenshoes the plain coffee fan, and thats how I feel.

Se
  12th of Mar, 2009

You're right about disposable income. I ordered the coffee maker and realized that i really can't afford to keep the coffee shipments coming. But I really have no complaints about Gevalia.

St
  22nd of Apr, 2009

I ordered a coffeemaker by mail and check about March 21, 2009, and it is now April 23 and I have not received my shipment. In the past I have received specials with coffee pots and other items, and their different brands of coffee and tea. I especially love their Irish Creme coffee and Vanilla flavored and other flavored coffees. I have never had a problem with their coffeemakers, in fact all kept running until they just got so old I decided to get a new one. My experience with their customer service has always been good. You can schedule your shipments of coffee just every 4 months or only three times a year if you don't want it every month, in fact, the form I filled out recently to get a coffeemake, caraf and hot coffee
tall insulated plastic vessels had a question that asked how often you would like deliery, and their minimum order is just two types of coffee or tea.
I much prefer their coffee to regular store brands which I don't like the taste of, and the speciality and flavored brands in a commercial store are about the same price as Gevalia's, and Gavelia ships it to your door included in your purchase. I havn't yet received my new coffeemaker and I suppose it will be made in China, but now so is so much of what you buy today, which I consider a factor for the recession in this country and worldwide. which I was predicting for two years before it happened expressly using the term that it would be the worst since the great depression. America is still the country which is the largest producer of products in the world, however, and unfortunately, it may have taken this recession to get our lawmakers to start thinking with their heads instead of just sitting on their ###.
In conclusion, I would have to say I have yet to have had a problem with Gevalia Coffee, in fact, I've been spoiled by it to drink regular store bought coffee. I went to law school at Tulane in New Orleans, and spent several years there, and I always liked the coffee the retaurants served there, and of course, in New Orleans, coffee and hot skim milk served with beignets, New Orleans substitute for the lowly donut, are a tradition there, especially at places like the world famous Morning Call in the French Quarter near the Misissippi. If you do not want Gevalia's coffee after receiving your special with a coffeemaker or some special, all you have to do is call their customer service and cancel, there being no obligation to keep getting coffee. So I would have to say that most of the consumer complaints I have read of on the internet are nothing but a tempest in a teapot with the customer often to blame.
Stephen Flynn
Pheonix, April 2009

Ky
  2nd of May, 2009

have never had a problem with gevalia. love the coffee, love the coffeemaker.

Bl
  5th of Jun, 2009

First of all, there is no thing as a free lunch, let alone a good free coffee maker.

If you want a good one go out and buy it (I just shelled out $300.00 for one).

Gevalia has been around longer than any of us, and has developed a pristine reputation. It is to be judged by the coffee product alone!!! (The coffee machines offered for free are: a), to dupe those aptly described by the late W.C. Fields; and b), a marketing ploy that, obiously, has served only to put a very BIG and quite unnecessary dent in Gevalia's reputation.)

For the record: I have been a happy customer of Gevalia for nearly thirty years. (Well, I'll admit its Website is rather more than erratic, to say the least; also some of the changes it has made in its "Limited Edition" line have not been to my utter satisfaction.)

Coffee is a "precarious" quanity, qualitatively speaking. The best cup of coffee I've ever had was in a sheep wagon in the Idaho higher ranges, brewed from boiled water dipped directly from a creek; MJB; and made in a simple pot whose bottom, to say the least, was rather clouded, and whose sides were more than murky.

It is worth noting, I think, that some of Starbuck's brews use Gevalia coffee.

The bottom line is that the quality of any coffee offered for sale, as with wine, tobacco, and other products, is the ultimate product of the singular taste of the connoseur/roaster/selector of a lone individual. (Ask the master taster at Laphroaig.)

All things consered, those who have complaints against Gevalia need to back to Postum.

Il
  3rd of Aug, 2010

i didn't order anything from them at all, didn't even visit website. received gevalia and tassimo machines close to my birthday.
when no one claimed giving, i looked online and found my debit card number and expiration date.(registered under my name, address they obviously had, per invoice)

i made purchases online from amazon, kmart, jc pennys, domestic bin about a month before than. somethings fishy and cards canceled.
now i think i have to stay away from all of them, but amazon i'll miss...

De
  16th of Feb, 2011

Same thing happened to me. My credit card company contacted me yesterday to question charges by Gevalia and Tassimo. Both were fraudulant and they cancelled my card immediately. Today I received a package from both companies. Gevalia said keep the package for my inconvenience and Tassimo is sending me a return label. I have never had previous contact with either one of these companies. Reading these comments has made me realize that I need to file an official complaint.

Bu
  4th of Dec, 2012

YOU MUST FILE YOUR REPORT TO Delaware Dept. of Justice directly because the business is located in Delaware. Here is the information. You can file a complaint online:

Gevalia's customer complain dept's rep's name is Veronica. Her contact no. is 1-800-343-8254 Option 1

Veronica called me prompted by DA from Delaware. She asked me to file the case to a local police department in your own town. With the police report, they can start the investigation by tracking down the IP address.

Hundreds similar complaints are going around on Internet. If all of the victims file complaint to DA and police, Gevalia finally gives in, I hope.