getty gas station / age discrimination

1 Rt 36 AN avenue dAtlantic Highlands, NJ, United States Review updated:

i walked in the gas station for a job as they had a help wanted sign there. well when i talked to the gentleman that was there he said he dont hire young kids like me. an than he proceeded to say he is only looking for some male 40-50 years old. an the pay is only 7.00 an hour which is below minimum wage here in nj. an only for twenty hours a week. plus he pays cash at the end of the week. so everyone i know will be told about this gas station an no one i know will buy gas there anymore.

Comments

• Ri
      2nd of Nov, 2012
    getty gas station - Bias
    Getty
    43rd street forthamilton pkway
    Brooklyn
    New York

Getty Pumps discrimination .
    43st for Hamilton prkway Getty station in Brooklyn first I would like to say Shame on You .
    On 11/2/12 at 3:30am I witness the owner distributing gas to certain group of people.
    I ask you if I can get 2gallons and u denied my request. I called 311 to report you on discrimination .
    No gas means No gas . If denied people of other culture gas, and continue to supply those of your culture that’s being Bias, ohh and thanks for calling 911.

• Ge
      29th of Aug, 2013

Younger kids are normally unreliable.

• We
      29th of Aug, 2013

Could be he wants someone older AND more experienced, because even gas station attendants get asked questions about car maintenance, and the like. If you're very young, you also wouldn't be a good candidate for any late night shifts on your own because of the sort of problematic customers you'd likely encounter during those hours.