getgear.us / Screwed up order

1 CO, United States Review updated:

I placed an order with getgear.us for some firearm sights and magazines. I chose them because of their low price on one particular item and since I was buy it and shipping was so expensive (including a $1.66 "handling" fee) I would add a few other things in. Everything was listed as in stock and good to go. The package took a full week to leave getgear's warehouse and another 5 days to arrive at my door. It arrived sans the primary item I had purchased and handwritten and highlighted on the packing slip was a note saying it was out of stock. I was charged a different amount than my original receipt bore and was never contacted with the option to cancel or change my order. After dealing with their "customer service" I was told I could return the items at my expense for shipping to and from as well as a 12% restocking fee. I ended up paying nearly $70 for 3 items I could have easily found much cheaper at a store twenty minutes from my house, but figured I would save a buck or two on each since I was already making an order and paying their shipping price anyways. This place is a real bate and switch shop with stupid hidden fees and customer service that rates right up there with a cable tv company's. They made a mistake, screwed up my order and are completely unwilling to work with me so now I have to take this up with my credit card company. Do not do business with this company, unless maybe you are buying only one item. If you buy several things it is likely they will send you only the most profitable items which they feel like sending and charging you whatever they feel like, including the full price quoted for shipping and separate handling on an incomplete order.

Comments

• Da
      2nd of Dec, 2011

STAY AWAY! They have great prices but they absolutely will not communicate with you. They don't answer email or return phone calls. I ordered two items from them and received an email confirmation with the wrong shipping address. They had used my billing address for shipping. I am never home so always have items shipped to work. Ten phone calls and a dozen emails later - NO REPLY! I had to re-route the package myself after the first delivery attempt.