Get my G/American Grant Club / Fradulent Grant Company

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

In October, 2008, I paid $1.97 to Grant Research Guide. I have tried to cancel this Grant for a month. I noticed in my bank statements this fradulent company has taken $59.08 in November and $59.08 in December. Each time they take money its a different Grant company name with different phone numbers. NONE of these numbers work. I would like to find this Grant company and get my money reimbursed. I would appreciate it if you could be of some assistant. Grant names used:
1. NEW GRANTS $ 1.[protected] - TRACE 265
2. GET MY G $59.[protected] - TRACE 86658
3. AMERICAN GRANT CLUB $59.[protected] - TRACE 58417
I was not informed that this would be an ongoing deduction nor were these deductions authorized by me.

[protected]@verizon.net

Da

Comments

• Er
      8th of Dec, 2008

This so called company charge my credit card twice, I made the mistake of authorizing 1.98 for a government grant web site. I was charged $58.61. I tried to call the company but only ended up sitting on hold for 3 hours. I decided the only thing to do was to dispute it. I disputed the charges through my bank. The same day the $ was put back in my account...another $58.61 was taken out...by a company with a different name. This companies name is 50 Million Waiting. I think they named it after the many of us waiting for them to stop charging us. This is now also in dispute. If my bank can prove this is the same company then we are taking them to court for fraud.

• La
      8th of Dec, 2008

I am having the some problem. If find any thing please let me know.

• Kr
      15th of Dec, 2008

The same thing just happened to me! I authorized $2.95 for a Grant CD (which I have not received by the way) and now my account was charged $58.61. I contacted the "American Grant Club" sat on hold for 15 minutes and gave up realizing they were simply scammers. I contacted my bank and they canceled my bankcard and are issuing me a new one so that they cannot charge me any further and I am filling out the paperwork to dispute both charges since I have not received the CD and didn't authorize any additional charges. I'd like to see these people get shut down! Best of luck to everyone who got ripped off. My bank told me that it could take up to 60 days to get my money back! I am sooooo mad...at myself and the con-artists who stole my money!!!

• Ly
      16th of Dec, 2008

The same thing just happened to me but the difference is my bank at one time had stopped my card before on another issue that I did ok, this time this so called american grant took 58.61 on Sunday the 14th of December and then again on the 15th of December and my bank didn't even questioned this. You do sit on hold for hours and just now I left my name and number to call me back. This is a bunch of bull and we need something done. It caused my account to go negitive and is making me short on Christmas.

• Je
      2nd of Jan, 2009

I too requested a $2.95 disc and have had my cc hit three times since. I contacted them at 877-624-3038. The young lady that talked to me did give me their address and I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau as well as stopping payment on my CC. She told me that it was my fault basically for being dumb and them being smater rip-off artists. Their address is 5348 Vegas Drive, Suite 866
    Las Vegas, NV. 89108 . I suggest that everyone do the same. Write complaints to BBB as well as Nevada's Attorney General with specifics. It will shine a light on their nasty tactics. JEP

• Rg
      8th of Jan, 2009

OMG ...I have an automatic daily balance report from my checking account sent to my email. Well, it just came up way short! There is a charge for this same Grant company. I got nowhere on the phone and called and had card cancelled. I will be sure to let my bank know of this complaint page. I am so ticked off. My card hasn't been odisut of my hands. So somehow it must have been used from a place I used it prior to December 31. (one fraud charge on 12/31/08 and two fraud charges on 01/05/09 ... just one of the charges on the 9th was the charge for the "grant company". I don't usually go online this time of day. Couldn't sleep and something said "go online". So glad I saw it now. Card has beeourn cancelled and will call bank tomorrow to take care of refunding my money and catching the thieves. I only use my card on secure sites but that doesn't mean that someone hasn't hacked my computer to get use of my account. One thing to note is that I never ordered any disk or anything from them. The charge just showed up. The fraudulent charges has taken my account down to about $25.00 and with me being disabled on low income, I can't afford this crap.I will call the Nevada Atty General for a complaint form. This is really ticking me off and putting my blood pressure sky high.
    You have to be sure that you need to do is immediately cancel your card as you report the fraud to your bank. That will eliminate anymore charges. Now to have the money returned to me. Oh and another charge for $25.00 to a telephone/wire transfer. I authorized NOTHING like that to anyone. Good thing I didn't deposit my insurance check from the hurricane yet. I am sure they would have wiped that out totally! Thanks for the info! Rgvalleygal

• Bg
      8th of Jan, 2009

Same thing is happening to us, $58.61 is being charged every month by different company names. My husband just wanted the CD, that's it! I've tried to call and cancel it. I am glad I found this website. I will go today and change our bank account first thing this morning. How do they get away with this??? I will also contact the BBB!