German Consulate / Harassment

1 6222 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 500Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

Seeking a tourist visa I had yet another racist and repelling encounter at the from the German Consulate in Los Angeles.

The tone of the workers at the consulate was harsh and condescending. The entire time they were talking down to me in person as well as on the phone. It was clear that not only me but others who looked like Middle Eastern experienced the same thing.

I was able to hear how the others were treated when it was their turn to go to the window.

I am not sure why we are still dealing with these issues in the US, a country where race is not an issue anymore, especially in LA.

My background is Jewish and I hope to God that this wasn't the reason why I was verbally abused. Who knows, but we need to be careful not to allow this sort of sentiment to continue. History has shown the dark side of this country and I can't tolerate seeing similar behavior today; after all, a consulate reflects the value of a country.

Va
Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ti
      14th of Sep, 2009

Did you tell them that you are Jewish? Why do you even have to mention your faith? Are you American, if you are you don"t even need a visa...