Gerdt Furniture / Poor Service

Avon, IN, United States Review updated:
My mother and I went to Gerdt in Avon just a few days ago. My mother is in a neck brace because of recent spinal surgery so we went there to try and find her a comfortable recliner to sit in. I opened the door for her for the first set of doors, and while we were approaching the second set of doors (which have windows) I could see two staff slouched in their chairs just looking at us. I opened the second set of doors for my mom and we walked inside. The staff still sat in their chairs staring at us, no "Hello" no, "Hi, can I help you" not a word, they just stared blank at us. My mother was offened, and made the comment " they obviously dont want any of my money" just then a sales man came up to help. When my mom told him what she was interested in, he walked very fast towards the product (keep in mind she just had surgery..so she tried to keep up) and when we got to the aisle, he POINTED towards what they had available. Eventually he helped her out a bit, but he seemed very disinterested. My mom decided not to buy anything from Gerdt for the very poor customer service. Why would she drop $1,000. or more at a store that treated her that way? They weren't even busy at all, so why wasnt customer service better???

Comments

De
  27th of Dec, 2007
If you think customer service was bad while looking for a chair, wait until you buy one! You better hope there are no problems after the sale.
Be
  10th of May, 2008
Why hasn't anyone elevated their complaints? Use the chain of command and if necessary contact the owners. This their bread and butter, remind them if necessary. You have to be your own consumer advocate.
Ly
  16th of Nov, 2008
John Gerdt lives in my neighborhood in Martinsville. You should contact him - he would be very interested in speaking with anyone who has a complaint.