Georgia Powerliars and theifs

I got service with Ga Pwr in 2005. At that time I was told that budget billing would be the best option for my family. It was explained to me in great details. "Mam what we will do is add up your monthly bill at that residence for the past 12 months, then we will divide that amount by 12. This new amount will be your bill every month, you will know what it costs every month with no suprises." I then had to ask " Ok so what happens if the bill is more every month?" The lady says "Oh ok heres what happens, if the bill is less you will have a credit pot, if the bill is more we have an overage pot. If the credit pot doesnt clean out the overage pot then at the end of the year we will wash it out. You wont owe anymore money at the end of your service" I said "ok great yeah sign me up..." Now in 2006 I left my husband at the time and the service was transferred into his name. I paid my final bill and gave them permission to transfer the deposit into his name. I was not given any info of oweing anymore money. I have checked my credit frequently every year. Last yr I checked it and tah dah there is a negative report from ga power saying I owe 832.18. OH NO THEY DIDNT Oh yes they did too. I called them and they claim it was a typo to just dispute it. I did and within 24 hours they have come back and said no its right. I then got a letter two weeks later from an attorneys office saying that GA PWR is coming after me and going to take anything I have. I contact them. The lady tells me that if I dont pay it I will be going to jail, they will garnish my checking account and come after me. Now my situation Im a single mom with no income, I lost my job last year after my son who is now ten but was 8 almost 9 at the time had a heart attack 3 days before his birthday. We have just gotten him straightened out enough to where I may be able to find employment. My income is a joke. Child support is all that keeps the lights on, the roof over their head and food in their mouths. This is nto by choice but the way it is right now. I tell her that I cant afford to pay 100.00 a month payments. She asks well what can you pay? I told her 5.00 a month is all I have left. She said oh well no one at GA PWR is going to take a payment in the amount of 5.00 a month I said well tough [censored] thats all I have. She said well we cant turn down a payment but you do realize it is going to take you 13 yrs to pay this off right? WELL DUH! I told her I disputed the info but would make payments until we could get to the bottom of it. After alot of run around still no answer. I was also told they would fix my credit to reflect the payment... uh no. Not even once. They keep telling the credit bureaus that I have not even contacted them about the debt. I have receipts, I have printouts. Now the fun part. They have charged off the account so much that when I make payments it doesnt get me far becaus ethey keep adding 7.00 charge off fees. I am not done with my fight but this is getting the best of me. IT may take 13 yrs to pay but they will not get a full payment until they give me some clear answers. They even told me to go to churches and ask for help paying it. Thats truly sad.