Georgia Check Recovery / bad check

1 p.o box 45,110 south main st. jersey georgia 30018jersey, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-980-0405

They contacted me by letter stating I did not comply and make payment by 03/19/09 that they would submit to local authorities and would lose the ability to write checks at over 300, 000 retail locations. When I contacted the office I spokewith a Mrs. Bailey and she instructed was a purchase for shoes from a company I have never even heard of. When I asked for a copy of the bad check she instructed me that I would have to get it from the bank account that I used to have 4 years ago that is closed.After review of several different articals online this company seems to be a FRAUD!!!

Le

Comments

• At
      8th of Jul, 2009

Actually I had to pay a check to them as well. If you looked further into what they were telling you they were right. The company isnt a scam. I did my full research. They told me the same thing that I had a check written on a closed acct from 3 years prior. I contacted that bank. They were willing to call Georgia Check Recovery for the copy of the check and low and behold there it was, with my signature. And it had never been paid. It was made clear to me that companies like this dont just pull this information out of the air. There is clearly some truth behind it and even if you think the company is a scam... do the proper research. You might be surprised. I was

• Le
      27th of Jul, 2010

I received a letter as well. what happened after you didnt pay them?

• Ha
      4th of Oct, 2010

This company keeps calling my husband about 3 checks 7 years ago. First of all we told GCR that we are in bankruptcy and by
    Arkansas Law they CANNOT continue to call and try to collect a debt. Needless to say they have continued to harass my husband and threatening to take him to jail (which they can't do by law). And on top of that by law they if they are a debt collector they have to PROVE that you owe the debt. They REFUSE. They keep saying the bank will have copies of the checks. Well we went to the bank and one of the checks were forged (have to get a police report) and one of the checks the bank never had. Needless to say, my bankruptcy lawyer is in the process of sending a letter. He said they won't prove the debt because they obviously don't have the checks and plus the Arkansas statute of limitations are up on collecting this debt. Looks like GCR is just plain out of luck. The letter only cost $50 and it's way less than they say he owes on a 7 year old check that they won't/can't prove that he owes.

• Or
      27th of Oct, 2010

Georgia Check Recovery NEVER contacted me by phone, email, or snail mail. These [censor] just attempted to take money out my account. Luckily I made this an innactive account that I only use for my mortgage with the same credit union. However they caused 4 overdraft fees totalling $110.00! They haven't heard the last of me, I'll tell you what. I happen to be personal friends with my Congressman AND my Senator and they don't put up with Tom-Foolery like this. One of the aids in the senator's office already told me to contact the FBI!