Geodeck decking, posts and rails / crumbling, splitting

1 Baktimore, MD, United States Review updated:

The detrioration of my deck has become so severe, that I had to remove a staircase and board over the worst boards for safety concerns. It crumbles by watching. Material bought for a walkway one year later has been holding up. A class action initiative is in order especially as they had provided a 20 year warranty, which was the reason we chose Geodeck over other composites.

Comments

• Ju
      11th of Jun, 2011

Attn Jessica: Per phone conversation with Mitch on Friday, June 3rd. I am trying to attach photos so you can see the damage of my Geo decking boards. The Geo decking was purchashed from Modern Exterior here in Springfield, Missoouri in 2003. It has been showing stress cracks and has completely fallen through in some areas. My husband and I tried to get this replaced since we bought it with a life-time warranty, but was unable to reach anyone. We finally received a letter with a claim #1944 but after contacting the phone number was again unable to reach a person for repairs. Since that time I have been told the company has been sold and changed names several times. While all of this was going on my husband had a stroke and developed other health issues and I lost him suddenly in April 2009. I am now ready to see if I can get the decking needed to fix my areas. I need to sale the house if possible. I have counted approximately 12 boards that need to be replaced. They range from 20 feet long to 3 feet 3 inches in length. It is the redwood color. Hopefully I have provided the necessary information needed and will be anxious to hear from you. If you need additional information please let me know. Thanks to you and Mitch for your help and understanding. Judy Paff judpaf@yahoo.com (Sorry was unable to attach photos- I could mail if you send me an address-I have prints)