Gentry Finance Corp / Give me a total than want more 8 months later

I borrowed some money from Gentry finance corp in Mesquite Nevada. I called for my total owed and sent a check. They (Gentry Finance) continued to call me during all hours of the day, and never leave a business name or reason for calling.

All of this was going on in September of 2007. Than in May of 2008 I start getting the calls again. Once again no business or reason is given when calling. I get a break one day and answer and they say I owe $60 still. This is 9 months later and after they told me I was paying the total owed. This is a bunch of crap and I am willing to take this up with a court of law.

Va

Comments

30th of Jan, 2009

I know this company. You more then likely fell behind on your payments. If your up to date they dont call you at all.

30th of Jan, 2009

So i guess my best suggestion to you is to pay your bills on time. Then they'll leave you alone.

• Sm
      31st of Mar, 2010

the reason for no business name or reason is the third party law. they are not allowed to say anything on the matter unless they are talking directly to you not your answering machine or a ref. YOU. so just know that next time they call and the total amount due never includes late fees next time ask for late fees too!

• Dr
      22nd of Aug, 2012

In 2009 I got into some financial 'dire straits' and paid Gentry what I could ($35). I am on SSD, so income very limited. They refused what I COULD send and filed a judgment against me. All of this after harassing phone calls daily. The employee told me not to go to court, so the judgment was in Gentry Finance's favor. There were also fees and chgs. added onto original amt.
    I then did some research on the Fair Debt Collection Act, and they had violated at least 3 of the laws.
    I always felt it better for a creditor to take what a client can afford, than nothing at all. I was unable to buy food, pay for needed car repairs, vet bills so pet had health issues, and my co-pays on my medications.

• Th
      25th of Aug, 2012

"It would do a debtor well to look into their rights at F.T.C.gov and Fair Debt Collection Laws so they know their rights to protect themselves."
    That is right. We invented google but do not use it to learn our rights under federal law. go to debtor boards dot com. folks over their sue and win for these violations and help others out with thir knowledge. You should sue per se if you have the violations evidence. Each is worth about $1500.
    Next time go to court. No show an automatic judgment in favor of these crooks.