Genoa Motorsports / dont buy

1 813 Main stGenoa, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 815-784-9500

I recently went into Genoa motorsports to buy an ATV for my son. I picked out the Atv that I wanted to get and was told that the Atv was sold and that I could put a deposit down for a new one that was suppose to be in the next week. I did so, and the time came for the unit to be in and I never received a call. I called the store and was told that the shipment had not come in yet and it should be in any day. I then waited a couple of days and called again and spoke to the salesman that had taken my deposit. He told me that they where still waiting for the shipment, at this point I told him that it was already 2 weeks past the time they had said and I wanted my deposit back. The salesman told me he could do nothing about it and I had to speak to the owner LARRY GOLDSTEIN. I called Mr Goldstein and he assured me the unit would be there the next day, he even went as far as to give me a tracking number. The next day I called the store again and no Atv, I tried to call Larry again but he was not answering his calls and the salesman said that he could do nothing for me until Larry said to. After that I called a few friends that I knew and they told me that Mr Goldstein was well known in the area for doing the same things to other people. I found out that he has a car lot in Belvidier and does these kind of scam to a lot of people. I even found out that he had another scooter store and closed it down for the same reason and that the state of Illinois was not renewing his dealer licence because of all the complaints against him. So now it has been 5 months and I still dont have my money or the Atv. So whatever you do STAY AWAY from GENOA MOTORSPORTS and LARGO motors and as far away from Larry Goldstein. If you have any friends that live in the area and they ask you about GENOA MOTORSPORTS tell them never to walk into that store or anything that LARRY GOLDSTEIN has any thing to do with.

More Genoa Motorsports Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ju
      10th of May, 2009

I have bought a ton of stuff from Genoa Motorsports since they opened in November and have never had a problem with any of the people that work there.

At XMAS time I bought 2 atv's for my kids...

In Feb I bought a used snowmobile

In March I bought a full size ATV for myself (and I ordered it and it came in a week later just like they promised)

This month in June I bought 2 scooters (one for me and one for my wife).

the staff at Genoa Motorsports have always been courteous and upfront with everything that they do.

I don't know about this woman that has filed a complaint against them but all I can say is that Rich, Kevin, and Larry have always given me the best prices and great service. As a matter of fact I have referred around 15 of my friends and family memebers to the guys at Genoa and EVERYONE has been happy with thier expirences.

They always seem to have the cheapest prices, Kevin in service is fantastic, and they even financed the two scooters that we just bought.

• Ro
      16th of May, 2009

I saw the post here before I went into Genoa Motorsports but a bunch of my neibors said that the place is ok.

Went in today and bought an atv for my son. Dealt with the owner, Rich. Gave me a great price and even gave me a $25 off coupon for my next visit.

If you are looking for an inexpensive atv these guys rock!

18th of May, 2009

I am still having problems with Genoa motorsports. I won a trike they had for auction on EBay. They fed me the same line (after getting my cash) about waiting for shipment, for over a month. After them not returning calls and not delivering the trike, I had to file a complaint against them with EBay and PayPal. Then they lied to EBay and said they would refund my money, which they never did, and stopped answering and/or returning calls from them as well. So I then had to file a police report with the Genoa PD (who said they are "familiar" with the company).

So I will have to agree with the first comment. I 'm glad that the person in the second comment did not get ripped off. but from what I've found ad heard elsewher, these people are just plain bad and untrustworthy businessmen.

• Gm
      19th of Jul, 2009

genoa motorsports is the worst place to buy anything i would not even buy toilet paper from thear if they sold it and dont get any thing worked on there they dont know how to fix anything just think they do very bad place to buy

• Bo
      12th of Sep, 2009

I bought a Scooter from a company in Elgin and when it stopped running they told me that they couldn't fix it. They recommended that I go see the people at Genoa Motorsports.

I brought my scooter in on a Saturday and by Wednesday I had my scooter back and in working order.

Kevin the tech was the friendliest guy and the owner even called me a few days later to make sure that my scooter was running ok.

It was the best $99 I have ever spent!

Thanks Guys!

• Ju
      24th of Nov, 2009

PLEASE forward these complaints to the Illinois States Attorney's office. They are on to them, but they need more complaints filed to take action.. It is so important not to let this company take advantage of consumers. It is time we make it right.

• Cr
      22nd of May, 2010

Genoa motorsports is the worst place ive ever seen, the owner larry goldstein is a convicted felon and is a complete crook...please for god sake do not contact this joint...the states attorneys office is well aware of these jokers..

• Cr
      22nd of May, 2010

AND I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS WITH ALL MY SOUL THAT THE POSITIVE REVIEWS ON HERE ABOUT THESE CROOKS GENOA MOTORSPORTS ARE WRITTEN BY THEMSELVES OR PEOPLE THEY KNOW...

• Ni
      27th of Jul, 2010

Just an FYI...Genoa Motorsports is no longer at 813 E. Main St in Genoa, IL...

My company, Nirvana Motorsport, is now setting up shop. We are a custom car company who specialize in turn key component vehicles (and kit cars), as well as performance tuning and custom cars from daily drivers to show cars. We can also provide full maintenance services for any vehicle.

Stop in to check us out, or visit our web site at www.nirvanamotorsport.com

• Di
      2nd of Jan, 2011

Time to take these [censor] to court. Write me at to.perbj@gmail.com if you have had ANY problem with these guys, and we'll take them to court and shut them down as they deserve. Please also report ANY problems with ANYTHING related to these guys to BBB (Better Business Bureau). Keep writing about ANY negative experience here and I'll follow up with each of you to ensure we cover all negative cases in the lawsuits.

• Di
      3rd of Jan, 2011

If you have had ANY issues with GMI Genoa Motorsports (owner Larry Goldstein), please file a complaint with the Illinois States Attorney's office (http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/conscomp.pdf).

• St
      19th of Apr, 2012

We have had the same problem with GMI. We purchased a scooter on Feb. 13, 2012 and it was to be delievered to the shop and ready by March 3 so when we arrive we find the wrong color scooter and a huge scratch in the front fender. So even if we were ok with the color it was already damanged. Larry never said anything about either of these things when we called the night before to see if the scooter was ready. We drove 3 hours for nothing. Since then, they have gave us the run around on supposedly delivering it to our house and then returning our check and neither of them have happened. I am writing a letter of demand today and my attorney will be contacting them by the end of next week. Enough is enough with these guys. Larry is a complete RIP OFF!!!

• Fe
      24th of Apr, 2012

This place is a complete joke! How can you run a business like this. I guess that's why they have moved twice in the last year. Yes you heard me right this is their 3rd location in the last year because everyone is coming after them. They have had my money for 3 months now and still no scooter just excuses! Please let everyone know how much of a rip off this place is so they don't have to go through what I am.

10th of May, 2012

LARRY GOLDSTEIN AND THE COURTS: http://www.ilnb.uscourts.gov/opinions/JudgeBarbosa/LG_Motors.pdf

• In
      8th of Oct, 2012

I purchased a brand new Roma 150 Scooter in July from GMI-Genoa Motorsports, Inc at 3046 N Elston Ave Chicago, Il. The Scooter came with a 1 month bumper to bumper warranty from GMI and also a 6 month warranty from the manufacturer.

Within 1 week of delivery the Scooter was experiencing problems. I took it in for repairs. The problem went away for only several days. The Scooter would not start and when it did, it would not stay running. On 5 separate occasions the Scooter was in for repairs at GMI.
    I spoke with one of the mechanics that works on the Scooter and he stated that the dealer lied to me about the repairs. He also stated that they removed parts from the Scooter so that they could get it to run.
    The dealer told me that they had ordered parts for the Scooter and that they were waiting for them to come in. However, the mechanic at GMI stated that the dealer never ordered the parts.
    I continued to drive the Scooter for the next couple of days until it broke down again. This time it was in a very bad neighborhood. I called the owner of GMI to explain what was going on with the Scooter and was told by him that he didn't care.

In the middle of August, GMI stated that the Scooter which I purchased was a manufacturer defect and to return it for a full refund. Every time that I call the story changes. GMI told me that they are waiting for a rep from the manufacturer to inspect the Scooter. With my patience running thin, I contacted the manufacturer directly and spoke to customer service. Roma manufacturing stated that they do not do inspections and that they do not employ anyone who can do inspections. (Which is the direct opposite of what I was told by GMI).
    On September 4, 2012 at 3pm I went to GMI with a Chicago Police Officer and was again told by GMI that they are waiting for a refund from Roma Manufacturing. As I was leaving GMI, another customer pulled in and stated that he was having the same issues with the Scooter he purchased and that he has been waiting a year for a refund.

Several of the mechanics at GMI told me that the Scooters are bad and that they have to refund my money. On top of all of this, the mechanics stated that they are not certified. Unfortunately, I can't prove that unless an inspection of GMI was to take place.

It is now October 5th and and I have contacted GMI almost daily since August 20th (when the scooter was towed in) and still have not received my refund. GMI has the Scooter, my license plates and my payment in full.

Every time I called the GMI Rich would answer the phone and say that I have to wait For LARRY GOLDSTEIN I cannot do anything without him. And Mister Larry is never there!!! On top of everything he is a mean and terrible person, when i broke down in a middle of a street, he told me that he doesnt give a F... what kind of owner is that!?!!! From what I found out Larry Goldstein is a criminal and cant even have bussines license under his name!!!
    People, please, DO NOT BE AFRAID! Take actions! Report www.bbb.org and Illinois State Attorneys office. That bussines is a scam! How many more people have to get hurt before someone will take action against them.
    If anyone has any questions, please email me at indriukaspa@yahoo.com