Genix Marketing / scam

1 Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-360-1477

Same story as many here. I ordered the free trial for acai berry AND ColonMed700 and paid $4.95 for shipping. Never received the product. Then I noticed a charge for $88.97 on my account. The phone number at their website did not even ring. So I used the phone number listed by my bank as part of their identification. I called and was on hold for about 15 minutes (put on speaker phone) until finally a live person named Ben Johnson answered. I asked what company he represented and he said Genix Marketing in Glendale CA. I told him my story about the fraudulent charge for acai berry. He told me he would refund my money if I promised not to pursue this any further. I was actually surprised that my money WAS refunded. But now, several weeks later, there is another phony charge on my account, this time for $29.95 and it was to fit-fac.com. I tried to go to that website but I was denied permission to enter. So I searched for "fit fac" and found this website. That's how I know it's the same scam as previously. Tomorrow I'm going to my bank to let them know of this fraud and do whatever they suggest. I would imagine that like others, we will have to destroy that debit card and have the bank issue us a new one. I wish I knew who I could report this to so this scam would be stopped!

Comments

Jb
  4th of Jan, 2009
Genix Marketing - Brite Tooth whitening
Brite Tooth whitening
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
luminousbrite.com

I got an free offer of a free tooth whitening kit which asked that I pay $3.99 for shipping and handling. It sounded interesting and there are many similar companies called Brite White on the Internet so I thought it was legitimate. I was wrong. I received the free tooth whitening gel but a few weeks later I got another package of it with a bill on my credit card for $88.95. I investigated and found that the marketing company called Genix is responsible for Brite White and other fake products. When you try to contact them you discover that there is no way to reach them. Beware of Genix and free offers online. There are all fake.

St
  17th of Feb, 2009

I keep getting email ads from this company. I called to be removed and they said its not them. I told him he was a liar and he hung up. Who do you report these to? I think the address on the ad is a mail drop and he gave his address as Brand Bl in Glendale.

St
  17th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Genix Marketing is a scam.

Ma
  25th of Feb, 2009

I did the free trial as well. I didn't realize that with the free trial, if not canceled within 30 days, you're signing up to receive the product monthly! I got the product in the mail, 2 containers of the stuff, which doesn't work and makes me ill! And a charge on my c.c. for $160. When I call up the company explaining that I hadn't opened the packaging and want to speak to somebody regarding returns all the representative will say is "I'm sorry maam I can't help you with that." He refuses to give me a manager, another phone number, anything! So now I have unopened packages of $160 worth of this stuff and no one to return it to, or even talk to! It's a scam and I'm kicking myself now for doing any "Free Trials" online. Lesson Learned.

Bj
  18th of Jun, 2009

Any time you order over the internet, it is best to get a number from your bank to use that is a one time number. I've also learned this the hard way. A free offer, isn't free when they need a credit card number for shipping and handling. Invariable they will charge your account for something at sometime. There are ways to order with some degree of protection.