Geniewebster.net / Unauthorized, fake, plagiarist website

I had met Rene Best several months ago at one of his performances in Reno Nevada. I was happy to find out that he was also a guitar teacher and would be happy to instruct my son. I had lost the information he gave me to contact him. So I looked him up on the internet and first came across this web-site. Although the e-mail address was correct I could not believe that this ridiculous unfinished website was the website he referred me too. I came to find out that this is not his website at all. This was created by an ex-band mate who is using his name to drive traffic and interest to herself. She even put herself as one of his favorite links. My understanding of the situation is he will never play in a band or otherwise with her ever again. Rene' is such a talented musician, wonderful guitar teacher and nice person, I just had to warn everyone about this unauthorized, fake, plagiarist website.

Ro

Comments

• Ge
      21st of May, 2012

I am the owner of above website and above complaint was written by the jealous girlfriend of my former guitar player. She would like to think that her boyfriend and I never played music together and so she is attempting to discredit me by launching attacks to my website. Consider the source...

• Ka
      22nd of May, 2012

Rovna (not her real name) has been stalking poor Genie Webster for years. Genie and Rene Best made music together for several years. She was kind enough to give him a place and a chance to play, post prison. Rovna/Sylvia is likely lead to her insane behavior by Rene's dishonesty, but she has the power to make better choices and does not. Genie is a wonderful talent and worth listening to!

• Ho
      22nd of May, 2012

What a shame, What a shame...the complaint posted is just crap...As she calls Genie FAKE...Let me tell all of you that Genie Webster is a professional in her music. Genie is a professional and has CD's and has played her music for many who appreciate good listening. I for one have heard Genie play and sing spontaneously and brought the crowd to their feet... It is obvious Rovno/Sylvia is a person of insecurity since that is exactly what jealously is. And for Rene Best to not stand up for what he has done musically and for Genie really doesn't say too much for him...I hope you all give Genie a chance to show you her talents..Purchase a CD or go to her website and hear for yourself what a wonderful singer, song writer and guitarist she is...

• Gu
      23rd of May, 2012

When Genie Webster and Rene´ Best were making music together, it was special. They still come up in conversation now and again. Best is a fine picker and Genie has memorable professional showmanship and a beautiful voice. What is not professional is how this Sylvia Rossi has left these nasty ### bites that make René and her both look stupid. If I had a music venue, I would never hire René Best because of this. Genie Webster's website is not, "unauthorized". She owns it, so it is authorized by her. It is not "fake" because Genie and Rene´are both professional musicians who legitimately played music together for years. The site promotes them both. What is fake are the different identities that Sylvia Rossi assumes to do her dirty work. The word, "plagiarized" is probably too big for Sylvia Rossi's limited comprehension, because that is another one that doesn't apply to geniewebster.net. Sylvia Rossi has given Best's career the kiss of musical death, because no legitimate music professional will want to go near him with this kind of negative manipulation going on. The internet is not local. It is international. René should teach his woman to use her words more constructively, because her dirty deeds are bound to follow him around forever.

• Ca
      23rd of May, 2012

Rova is just bored...needs to get a job at McDonalds or something. She has the time to change her name to fake names and look up and try to to destroy an ex girlfriend of MANY years ago??? Poor girl is still in high school!!

• Ba
      24th of May, 2012

As someone who is in the know about this... Sylvia's husband left her and had to move to Italy to get away from her. He had a restaurant business which she ran into the ground... and in the Sparks community she is frequently referred to as "common white trash" . She is being drummed out of there, pardon the pun.

Sylvia likes to invent multiple personalities to attack people of whom she is jealous. She and Rene are considered to be jokes in the musical community.

It's no surprise to see her coming here and attacking others.

• Ge
      24th of May, 2012

Funny how "Rovna" on this site has the exact word-for-word complaint as "Carrie L." on SiteJabber. Sylvia, you may as well identify yourself as Sylvia Rossi because these aliases, as well as Maya Chiy, Valerie Crawford and the others are already recognized. I know you see yourself as a victim and you continue to blame your problems on your ex-husband, but grow up already. Get counseling.

• Gu
      4th of Nov, 2012

Genie, if you can get ahold of me I have some news from her ex that will shed some new light on all this . Might be of some help if you want to take her to court. M.