General Motors / a/c issues

1 Zanesville, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 740-297-4447

I own a 2006 chevy cobalt and the a/c completely locked up. It cost me $1, 800.02 to have it repaired. The vehicle is out of warranty but is only 2 years old. I called Gm to get some assistance, they said they can't assist me due to the wear and tear on the vehicle. The car has 84, 000 miles but this should have nothing to do with the a/c, as it is only used 3-4 months out of the year. I have not even had to replace the brakes on this car. I would think if it had so much wear and tear the brakes would need replaced before the a/c.

Comments

2nd of Oct, 2008

I bought a 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP that has almost 14, 000 miles on it. The only thing the dealership can tell me is that when the car was built the wiring in the car was not properly installed. The inproperly installed wires that is ran in my engine block causes a fuse to blow and the whole car breaks down and is unable to restart. This happened to me twice in one week actually one day after it got fixed the first time. The customer service and service is HORRIBLE!!!

• Vi
      21st of Apr, 2009

I bought a 2007 Saturn Ion and it comes with a pre certified with 32, 000 miles on it however I had so much to have it repaired and I complained to the Saturn people. Good thing I didn't buy warranty because the dealership where I bought the car went out of business and they have one 2 1/2 hours away from my house. The Saturn people said they have escalated my problem to the district however as of today, no one got back to me. I am been a saturn loyal since 1989. This is the last time I will buy a car from Saturn unless they give me a replacement which I very much doubt.

• Tj
      27th of May, 2009

We have a 2006 Ion. It has been in the shop four times for the same problem. The first two times it was coverd under waranty. The ignition switch sticks on the on position and we cannot shut the car off. On the fourth time it happend at my daughters graduation many miles from home on a sunday. We called Saturn customer care. At first they talk like they will help but in the end, just get the run around. Turns out the saturn dealer in Fredrick Md. Installed the parts incorrectly. Since we did not take the car back to Saturn of Fredrick the fourth time GM or saturn of Fredrick will not cover the expense. If the problem would have started after the car was out of waranty we would have not expected GM to cover the repair in the first place. I would have taken the car to our mechanic, who we can trust to fix the problem and stand behind his work. For this very reason we do not do business with car dealerships for repairs. All experiances with dealer repairs have been very negitive to say the least. Gm will never get any of our money again! Well, Except our tax money from the Gov. which we cannot control.

• Ve
      26th of May, 2010

sir,
    I had got serviced my Chevrolet aveo uva on 21st may 2010 invoice number 000175, job number 000245 and my registration number is HR 03 K 7071 and i had paid rs1485 for first service but i am not satisfied with your service when my vehicle was ready for delivery after service i was shocked to see my vehicle from inside it was not cleaned from inside and all mirrors were not cleaned when i asked your related service person he told me we do not clean the rubber mats from inside and i told him to take extra charge to clean inside but he refused to take extra charge and he cleaned after that also my vehicle was not properly cleaned i told him that all the service center clean the vehicle from inside also and he again said we donot clean from inside either mats or rubber mats. AS i was told that all the service staff is trained by dynamic motors from industrial-area (Chandigarh) i told all the persons in my circle to purchase the vehicles from dynamic motors because i was very much satisfied from the staff when i purchased my vehicle 30th September 2009 from dealer code vch-013 and some of my friends purchased from your dynamic motors but further i will suggest my friends to buy or get their vehicle serviced from dynamic motors Chandigarh only not from rsa motors panchkula. please look into this matter that every vehicle should be serviced properly.
    thanking you,
    yours faithfully,
    veena nayyar,
    392 sector 6 panchkula

• El
      16th of Apr, 2011

GMC COMPLAINT:
    My wife owns 2009 GMC EQUINOX which has a stupid design feature! The back window washer wiper stays on and runs
    down the battery even after the ignition is turned off! This results in a dead battery! This design fault occurs because the
    wiper keeps trying to get to its off position but can't even the wiper is frozen into a "ON" position.

Another stupid design feature occurs on my 2009 GMC 2500 HD truck. The plastic bottom weather moulding on the outside
    of the window slopes inwards towards the window resulting in an ice ridge build up and the electric windows can't
    work!