General Motors — 2011 silverado engine knock
I purchased a 2011 Silver with 36, 600 miles, noticed a engine knock while it warmed up to running temp. called GM they said take it to dealer. Took it to Joseph Chevrolet Cincinnati, Ohio. They did a intake cleaning and said it was fixed.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Cincinnati, OH 1, 150 miles later it is back the same way. Called Todd again at GM 3 times now with no response. Buyer beware. GM does not back there products. The truck has the 5.3 L AFM motor. well maintained and never been abused or towed anything. Thanks GM for nothing.
I called dealer this morning, they said there was a TSB on that and it would cost another $125 to check it out, asked why it came back and he had no answer. I do not want to spend $125 every 1000 miles to stop the knock. What do you suggest I do.??? The truck has had oil changed every 3k miles with dexos 5 w 30 since new.
#4 would be great but if someone comes to look a truck and asks why I am selling so soon or hears the knock will be hard to sell. a well maintained 7 year old like new truck with 38k miles should not be knocking.
The first tech. and Joseph Chevrolet when I had the oil changed told me it was the infamous AFM lifter tick starting, likely the #1 and #7 lifters. cost around $2k to repair, that is why I contacted you in the first place. Great response SELL THE VECHILE. Is that what you tell all your customers if you do not want to help fix the problem.
Updated by trailrated, Feb 23, 2018
No I don't know what the actual problem is, I am going by what I was told by 2 dealer tech's 2 different things. How many tech's do I need to go to find the problem. I did not purchase a warranty because I had a 05 sierra with 90k on it with no problems. I see a lot of complaints on this website about engine problems on these trucks and a lot more websites. If you know a master tech in my area that I can take it to, I will.
More General Motors Complaints & Reviews
- General Motors - bad service 
- Onstar / General Motors - forced use of onstar 
- General Motors Cadillac Escalade - spontaneous acceleration 
- General Motors - a/c issues 
- General Motors South Africa - opel astra peeling headlights 
- General Motors Corporation - 2016 buick enclave vin5gakvckd9gj187188
- General Motors Corporation - 2018 chevrolet traverse - rail dust/brake dust
- General Motors Corporation - 2011 gmc terrain
- General Motors Corporation - part replacement of same part within 10 months
- General Motors Corporation - 2015 chevrolet z71