General Motors / 2011 gmc terrain tailgate rust
Rust has recently appeared on the rear tailgate. GM Service Bulletin No. [protected] records this design defect. I am told by GM that they will not repair this defect as they say the car is outside of the manufacturer's warranty. However this issue is a design defect which GM has been aware of.
GM dealership in Ottawa has been providing all continued maintenance on the 2011 GMC Terrain. GM Service Bulletin [protected] was first released in June 2016. Thus GM dealership should have been aware of the tailgate rust/corrosion design defect and the corrective action about 18 months ago. Yet I was never offered the option to implement the relatively simple corrective action to prevent rust/corrosion on the tailgate.
Now in late 2017, there is rust/corrosion on the tailgate. Had the corrective action been implemented in mid-2016 I would not be faced with the substantial repair for the rust/corrosion. I was never made aware of the issue and never offered the option to correct it before it became the larger rust issue we have now.
GM has formally informed me that they claim no responsibility for the design defect that they were aware of 18 months ago.
More General Motors Complaints & Reviews
- General Motors - bad service 
- Onstar / General Motors - forced use of onstar 
- General Motors Cadillac Escalade - spontaneous acceleration 
- General Motors - a/c issues 
- General Motors South Africa - opel astra peeling headlights 
- General Motors Corporation - 2011 silverado 1500 4wd ext. cab.
- General Motors Corporation - repair service
- General Motors Corporation - rust on my 2016 gmc sierra 2500 diesel pickup
- General Motors Corporation - service on nav screen did not fix problem, now no longer under warranty
- General Motors Corporation - electronic steering pcm/bcm updates