General Electric Washing Machine / Defective washer, poor customer service
My GE washing machine broke and flooded the laundry room. The repairman opened up the washing machine and found that the drainpipe between the tub and pump had split. He stated that this was very unusual. Upon further investigation he discovered that two of the dampening straps (shock absorbers) were broken. Why did they break? Because the other two dampening straps along with the mounting hardware were never installed at the factory. This put undo stress on the two that were installed causing them to break. This caused excessive movement of the tub which caused the drainpipe to break.
After many phone calls, e-mails and letters to both Consumer Relations and GE headquarters, GE refuses to acknowledge that the parts were never installed, despite being told this twice by the repair company.
GE does not stand behind its poor quality appliances! Avoid the aggravation. Avoid GE appliances.
More General Electric Washing Machine Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - dishwasher purchased in nov.
- General Electric - dishwasher model gowf100v5ww serial number zz805229b
- General Electric - ge french door refrigerator
- General Electric - ge profile front loader washer and dryer
- General Electric - brand new washing machine already broken