General Electric / sub-standard service!

1 Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Phone: 416-750-8888

As far as I'm concerned your a "Nooobody" when you make a purchase at Lastman's Bad Boy. Unfortunately we didn't research Bad Boy's background before making our recent purchase at the Kennedy & Lewrence Ave store in Scarborough Ontario. We are finding out how poor their customer service has turned out to be.

Our recent purchase was a freezer-top GE refrigerator and GE standalone range. Fortunately both items were in stock and delivered promptly, however upon delivery (we had paid the delivery fee) the movers had a hard time bringing the items in. I would have thought they are professionals and would know what they are doing. It turns out they backed their truck up under our lawn tree and broke a few tree branches, leaving the branches thrown aside. Upon later inspection of our fridge, we noticed a 1 inch "ding" or "dent" on the side. It seems they used a little too much force pushing the fridge through the front door. I work for a large car dealership. Do you think anyone would want to take delivery of their new car with a door ding? What makes you think I pay full price for a new appliance and pay for delivery only to receive damaged goods?

My first indication that Bad Boy's service is bad was upon my first call to the store. I was looking to make a complaint regarding the delivery and was greeted by a friendly receptionist who told me the "delivery" department was not available but, if I held she would be back to help me. Twenty minutes on hold and an annoying hold message seemed to go on and on. "Nooobody" returned on the line to answer my call. I hung up.

After experiencing their poor customer service I would have rather taken my money and business elsewhere. Unfortunately as many people here have pointed out, "ALL" their sales are final (they make sure to conveniently circle that on the sales slip). And to make matters worse, we purchased the "Bad Boy" extended warranty on our items. I am now shaking my head wondering what kind of lousy service we are going to get if we ever run into a problem in the next 5 years.

I almost always make my appliance and electronics purchases with Costco Canada. Their products are top-notch and their prices, returns and exchanges, refunds, and warranty policies are second to none. Unfortunately they didn't have what we we're looking for in this case (product selection).

Is it that "Bad Boy" is understaffed? Or that they don't care? How would I know, they still haven't called me back. You'd expect more from a company which prides itself on being a family owned business for 60 years.

As far as I'm concerned the only place bad boys belong is in the slammer. Don't be a "NOOOBODY"! It's been now our 3rd time leaving a message for a callback, and still no reply from anyone.

Ma