General Electric / spacesaver XL 1800 Model JVM1870SF02 / Glass Microwave tray broke in two while heating food
GE Spacesaver microwave, MODEL JVM1870SF2 Glass Microwave tray broke in two while heating food! Unit is about 4 years new. Ordering one from GE is about $100! Still paid $50 from third-party. Amazing. I've used more variety of GE medical products than probably anyone in US, because of my diverse medical training: Diagnostic ultrasound; MRI scanners; CT scanners; general xray; specialized IR, and Cardiac c-arm machines. GE currently cannot repair problems on my cardiac equipment at a major hospital for one year now. As a consumer, every company out there makes junk. Part of the bigger problem is us. We've been programmed to expect less, after years of using Chinese-infused products. Glass microwave plates breaking when being heated? What did the engineers think it was going to be used for? $100 for replacement. Pyrex glass bowls (same thing) cost $5.87 at Walmart, and they use more glass. C'mon GE...I'm obviously a brilliant person to use all those medical devices and my opinion counts bigtime. $100 for something which should have been manufactured to withstand heat of a microwave oven. $50 was bad enough for a product that was probably made in a sweatshop, in some smog-filled Chinese city without safety or QC. The sad part is that both trays probably come from the same Chinese factory; the ones with the GE logo on the box costing twice as much.
More General Electric / spacesaver XL 1800 Model JVM1870SF02 Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - dishwasher purchased in nov.
- General Electric Company - washer
- General Electric - new washing machine doesn't work 
- GE Appliances - home depot delivery of our ge stove
- GE Appliances - incomplete website and ordering information