General Electric / monogram trash compactor
we have a GE Monogram compactor that has been out of service since Feb '08. Last Sep we built a new house and installed what we believed were high-end Monogram appliances throughout our kitchen. Problems with the built-in refrigerator drawer (their most expensive in the monogram line) took five UPS shipments and 3 repair service incidents to correct..they kept sending the wrong drawer..we now have a drawer warehouse in our attic. The compactor has abeen abigger joke...first the service man "diagnosed" the problem w/out even taking the compactor apart...several mishaps in shipping the part and ultimately now having the wrong part...leaves us in July without a working compactor. Calls to their Consumer Relations folks are equally ridiculous..their version of customer satisfaction leaves lots to be desired...we asked that they just simply replace the compactor but they can't until it's deemed irrepairable...so here we are waiting for another part and yet another service man that can't seem to really fix anything...I would imagine GE has already spent the equivalent of a new compactor...so we'll wait till Aug 12 to see if the problem can be fixed...they did atleast offer to extend the service warranty an add'l 6 months...can't say I got warm and fuzzies from that considering past performance.
More General Electric Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - dishwasher purchased in nov.
- General Electric - dishwasher model gowf100v5ww serial number zz805229b
- General Electric - ge french door refrigerator
- General Electric - ge profile front loader washer and dryer
- General Electric - brand new washing machine already broken