General Electric / monogram trash compactor

1 Ponder, TX, United States Review updated:

we have a GE Monogram compactor that has been out of service since Feb '08. Last Sep we built a new house and installed what we believed were high-end Monogram appliances throughout our kitchen. Problems with the built-in refrigerator drawer (their most expensive in the monogram line) took five UPS shipments and 3 repair service incidents to correct..they kept sending the wrong drawer..we now have a drawer warehouse in our attic. The compactor has abeen abigger joke...first the service man "diagnosed" the problem w/out even taking the compactor apart...several mishaps in shipping the part and ultimately now having the wrong part...leaves us in July without a working compactor. Calls to their Consumer Relations folks are equally ridiculous..their version of customer satisfaction leaves lots to be desired...we asked that they just simply replace the compactor but they can't until it's deemed irrepairable...so here we are waiting for another part and yet another service man that can't seem to really fix anything...I would imagine GE has already spent the equivalent of a new compactor...so we'll wait till Aug 12 to see if the problem can be fixed...they did atleast offer to extend the service warranty an add'l 6 months...can't say I got warm and fuzzies from that considering past performance.

Comments

• Ro
      26th of Sep, 2008

We have a GE Monogram 12" Compact. Actually we're on our second one. The first one required repair so often that they finally replaced. The second one has already been repaired twice. In all cases its been the drive unit. This is an extremely weak product and service is poor. Avoid. Unless all the others are worse? I'll be finding out.

• Ha
      22nd of Jan, 2010

I HAVE 6 G.E APPLIANCES IN MY HOME. IN 2003 I PURCHASED A BRAND NEW HOME. I BOUGHT 6 G.E. APPLIANCES FOR MY NEW $400, 000.OO LOVELY HOME. 2005 LAUNDRY WASHER DIED. GE PUT IN A NEW MOTOR. $225.00. I PAID. A MONTH LATER THE GE REFRIGERATOR CONKED OUT. PUT IN A NEW CIRCUIT BOARD. $180.00 I PAID. 2 MONTHS LATER, SAME WASHER DIED. GE CONNECTED 2 WIRES, SAID THE MOTOR REMOVED WAS STILL GOOD. $85.00 I PAID. LAST FEW MONTHS I NOTICED A DEFECT WITH THE BROILER. NOBODY CARES AT GE. THE EXCECUTIVE I SPOKE WITH SAID I SHOULD HAVE NOTIFIED GE WHITHIN 1 YEAR FOR THE WARRANTY. I SAID" I AM NOT A PERSON WHO COOKS. I BOIL WATER AND FRY EGGS, I NEVER HAD OCCASION TO USE A BROILER. WHEN MY LADY MOVED INTO MY HOUSE, SHE COMPLAINED THAT THE BROILER DOES NOT WORK. SHE IS AN EXCELLENT COOK. I WAS NOT CONCERNED AT THAT TIME BECAUSE I HAD NOT EVER USED A BROILER. MR WATTS SAYS, BECAUSE I DIDNT NOTIFY GE, I AM NOT COVERED FOR THEIR DEFECT. IT WAS BEYOND 1 YEAR FOR THE WARRANTY. THANK YOU G. E.