General Electric Company — ge profile over the range microwave - magnetron failed at 22 months
GE Profile PVM9195DF2BB over the range microwave quit cooking. When you microwaved a glass of water everything seemed to work but the water never heated up.
Called local dealer who is an authorized GE repair service.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Fort Wayne, INRepair person diagnosed magnetron. Service call $69, new magnetron $117, labor $60. Darn expensive for a pretty new unit. We've had microwaves go for 10 years without problems. I wonder if GE bought the lowest price part?
The one year warranty is a joke. GE should cover my expense.
More General Electric Company Complaints & Reviews
- General Electric - class-action suit on refrigerator moisture! 
- GE Appliances - do not buy ge adora 
- General Electric - how a freezer door handle ends up being handled at the chairman's office level! 
- General Electric Company - Service Protection Plus - Extended Warranty Coverage
- General Electric - their service is equally abysmal 
- General Electric - dishwasher purchased in nov.
- General Electric Company - washer 
- General Electric - new washing machine doesn't work 
- GE Appliances - home depot delivery of our ge stove
- GE Appliances - incomplete website and ordering information