General Electric / their service is equally abysmal

We re-did our kitchen and bought six GE Profile appliances: Stove, Advantium microwave, refrigerator, washer, dryer and wine 'fridge.

The large 'fridge was delivered with a bad compressor and it took 3 weeks for GE's service department to come on-site and cart the thing way and deliver its replacement. Two weeks later, the wine 'fridge died and had to be replaced. And last night the glass on the top-loading washer cracked completely on its own (this actually provided my wife and I with 5 minutes of entertainment as we watched the cracks continue to criss-cross each other until the glass was totally shattered.) If we could do it again, I can guarantee we would NOT be buying GE Profile equipment. Not only is GE’s QA in their factory obviously non-existent, but their service is equally abysmal.

Va

Comments

• Ri
      9th of Mar, 2007

I'm glad I'm not the only one complaining about the GE customer service staff. I'm sure there are many others who don't know about this website.

• Rh
      11th of Sep, 2007

We purchased a over the range GE Spacemaker microwave. The door panel cracked across the bottom, under the handle and at the base of the controls. Now we have a empty hole where pieces of the microwave keeps breaking off. We are very disappointed in our GE product due to the fact that when you spend that
    much money for an appliance you would think that it would last a lot longer than what it does. The model #JVM1640BB S/N: AA945212S.

Won't be buying anymore GE appliances unless GE is willing to make it right. After all Isn't GE suppose to stand behind their products???

• Ca
      27th of Dec, 2007

3 weeks after purchasing a new washing machine, it broke. The actual metal frame around the top of the tub on the inside bent, allowing the tub to drop, which popped up the back piece, popped off the front panel, and broke the plastic lining around the tub. I have contacted GE numerous times, always being promised a resolution & phone call within 48 hours; which never happens. Now, they tell me that they have no technician in my area, and no one near my area that can come pick it up... so, I am supposed to send them the cord, tag & receipt through the U.S. POSTAL SERVICE, to a Post Office Box, then wait for them to process it and mail us a check! I understand that sometimes these things just happen, but when you spend a lot of money on a major appliance and it breaks after 3 weeks, you would think that the company would go out of their way to rectify it immediately. Apparently it is perfectly acceptable to them that my family may not have clean clothes to wear for a few weeks since we live in a small town that does not have a laundromat.

• Fr
      8th of Feb, 2008

I bought the new G.E. fluorescent bulbs which are made in China and it was a 3pak--0f which 2 did not light what so ever and the third lasted 3 months--- they sure aren 't worth the price and now to get rid of them! I think the powers that be are screwing us on this BIG change too! Oh it was called Helical---not as reliable as its namesake!

• Fr
      8th of Feb, 2008

What is an empty comment?

• Re
      13th of Apr, 2008

Will never buy another GE product again. My husband and I bought a GE Profile series refrigerator, stove, and microwave just a little over three years ago. The first week I had my microwave, I cooked some popcorn according to the instructions on the bag. It exploded and stained the back of the microwave. Mind you, I had only had the thing a week! I had GE come out, they were extremely rude, and told me it was all my fault. I should have used their "popcorn" setting instead of following the directions on the bag. Dumb me. Now, my oven is acting up. No wonder GE is experiencing losses this year!

• Le
      17th of Apr, 2008

I bought a hot water tank 4 years ago and one and a half years ago it starting to leak from all openings on top. I phoned g e and they said my hot water tank was only under warrenty for one year but it says on it 6 year limited warrenty, I talked to a plumber to have it fixed and he said to me first and I quote did you buy this tank at home depot and I said yes and he said they are all crap tanks. Well I won't be buying General Electric anything anymore and thanks G E for your garbage tank!!!

• Ne
      3rd of Dec, 2008

About two months ago I renewed my service contract with GE for my kitchen appliances. I was assured when I renewed my contract that everything was covered including repair and/or total replacement of my appliance. My kitchen appliances are only five years old and I never had a problem with one until now. The handle on my microwave first cracked then eventually broke off. I called for a repair under my service contract and I was informed that handles are not a covered item under the service contract. I expressed my disappointment with the contract service department there was no effort made to abate my situation. Shame on you GE for misleading customers this way. I am canceling my service contract and I will not purchase another GE product.

9th of Sep, 2009

I purchased a GE refrigerator on July 14, 2009. There was a mark (looked like a knife slash) in the plastic piece on top of the freezer door and a very large scuff mark on the top piece of plastic on the refrigerator door. Also the little piece on top of the bolt had a mark on it. And also about 5 little nicks in the paint on the side. This refrigerator was brand new and in an unopened box. I contacted GE the very next morning and was told cosmetic damage is warrantied for 90 days and a service technician would be sent out on July 23 2009. He came and said he was not able to replace the plastic pieces but would order a new refrigerator door and a new freezer door and also the small plastic piece on top of the bolt and some touch up paint. I questioned him about the paint and said it would blend in. Did say that it would take up to 2 weeks for I believe he said fed ex would deliver them. I said no problem that would be fine. Also he saw a mark on the freezer door handle and said he would order it also. Well, yesterday Sept 8th after not hearing anything at all thinking maybe it went to someone else house or order got mixed up I called to ask about my parts. First lady said someone will contact me tomorrow. Well today Sept 9th I called and was told they do not service to my zip code and gave me another number. Was transferred and they said repairman did not order any parts and just touch up paint and that is all they could give me. I called another number and she listened to me all over again and told me to call consumer relations and transferred me. She told me that since cosmetics is only warrantied for 30 days all they can offer is touch up paint and a discount of the doors and they no longer have a repairman for my zip code. I once again tried to explain to them that I did call within one day let alone 30 days. It just didn't seem to matter to them. Well either the repairman is lying and I cannot imagine why he would lie because he would get paid to put the parts on by GE or Ge is flat out lying. I asked if they would send another repairman to see if he would agree what the first one said and GE said I would have to pay for a 3rd party repairman. They did have the info on their computer that I called within 1 day but since something has mixed up I am now over my 30 days time period and which I did tell them the first lady I talked to on the day after told me 90 days. I will never buy a GE product again. Someone is lying.

• Bo
      28th of Jun, 2010

WLSR3000GWW is the model GE WASHER

I bought a new washer yesterday 6/27/2010. The first load the stains did not come out. I unknowingly put them in the dryer and now they are permanently stained. The 2nd load of colored clothes were also still stained. I rewashed them again and the stains were still there. They are now in a sink waiting for me to wash them by hand

I have been doing laundry for 40 years and have never seen a washer do this.

I called GE and was told they would send out a repairman. I was told the model I bought is not designed to agitate. Pray tell, a washer that does not agitate?

The rep was rude and said I need to do more research before I purchase and said I need to learn how to run a washing machine.

I called Lowe's where I purchased it, explained the problems and then said they would exchange it for a different brand.

NO MORE GE appliances for me again.

• Fe
      28th of Jun, 2010

I go nothing to say about GE appliances. I bought a dryer and washer a year and three months. The timer on the dryer went bad. I spent one whoe day online looking for one. Three weeks and $125.00 + shipping- and -handling later my dryer was working again.

On Monday 06/27/2010 My Washer stopped spinning. a $95.00 Technictian came out. He spent 50 mins. checking all the parts. The result...a Bad Motor. The cost...$285.00 + labor.

My warranty expired three moths ago.

Please feel free to fill in the blanks for my comments ...

• Ju
      25th of Aug, 2010

We were unfortunate enough to have the experience with GE. It is unbelievable that this company is still as big as it is-it has the worse customer service and the worse technicians!!! We have this dishwasher that is not working and has not been working since the day we got it; techs came out, ordered wrong parts, came back again, ordered more wrong parts, then a manager in customer relations approved for us to get a new dishwasher, so another tech came out and said that the new one was diffected...lol and that he needed to order us a new one again! on top of that, that idiot disconnected all plumbing and forgot to put it back the way it is supposed to be, so my entire kitchen was coverd with water...it is a never ending story. it's been almost four months, and we still don't have a working dishwasher, although we fully paid for it! The worse company to deal with. Be smart and go with another brand!!!

• Pe
      17th of Sep, 2018

@juliete Same problem here. Bought--and paid for--an Adora dishwasher on July 2. Paid $150 to have it installed. Turn-on switch didn't work Called Home Depot, then the referred appliance repair. Repairman came, said we needed a new switch which he would order. For three weeks he kept saying it was backordered. I called GE consumer complaints. "They'll send the new part overnight." Came 10 days later. Repairman came again (comes only weekly to our town), said it still was not the right part. Still no working dishwasher that has now used up 3 months of the 12-month warranty. I agree that GE has the worst customer service. Will NEVER buy another GE appliance!

• Fn
      21st of Jul, 2017

GE should be put out of it's Misery. My clothes washer, regularly puts long black streaks on the laundry, sheets, shirts, pants, anything unlucky enough to be near the bottom of the agitator/fabric softner nightmare. I removed the fabric softner to remove the considerable crud collected there and found no place to stop until I had removed the agitator and cleaned it underneath. I did not replace the cup portion of the fabric softner dispenser/grease trap. All parts were covered with a thin black bark-like coating which would peel off in small shards like splintered wood.. All greasy, gunk and very black. I used to get better washers and driers from the Dump near the Travis AFB in Ca. All GE/Whirlpool with interchangeable parts. Worked great in the late 60's and early 70's. Much better than my last 3 GE Washers which were abysmal out of the box until they were out of the house. Very Expensive Junk. Too many college educated designers for my taste. The designers obviously never ran the machines on a daily basis. GE leadership is an Oxymoron just like we use to joke about Military Intelligence. It was NO Joke with GE. They still are SCAMMING the Public with pure Crud products. Water Level is not Optional it is a MUST, I have figured a way around this with extra "sensing" tubing or a syringe stuck inline for easily adjustable. The fluid path through the fabric softner has been opened by removing the Butterfly top. Never used a molecule of softner anyway. The softner is in the debris path of the water-starved tub. So far, three loads with no skid-marks! Love the variable speed motor control and the Extra Spin Cycle.

6th of Sep, 2017

Yes, they are very fast to sell, but slow to fix their junk products. Done with GE's crappy products and horrible customer service!

29th of Nov, 2018

I purchased a microwave, dishwasher and stove for my son. He had an issue with the dishwasher but it was resolved. I am writing about the stove. He used the cleaning feature and when it was done, he could not release the lock. A repair man came and fixed it. Sometime later he used the cleaning feature again and the lock did not release. He called for a repairman was given a date and he didn't show up. A few days later the repairman came and said that the cleaning feature usually didn't work. He asked if he should saw off the lock. That said yes because they needed the stove. If this feature does not work, why did you feature it. He was also rude and demanded payment. Which my son did not give him and told him to send him a bill. My son spoke to a woman who said she was give them money toward the purchase of another stove. It is not acceptable. They do not want the same stove. I feel that they should receive full payment because there is a defect with the stove. I would appreciate a reply. I do not want to have to go to the Better Business Bureau.

29th of Nov, 2018

@margaret higgins I would appreciate a reply regarding my e-mail.