Gene Gorman's Auto Sales / Worst company on earth

On December 12th of 2008, I bought a used 2006 Toyota Camry SE off the Internet from Gene Gormans Auto Dealership . I contacted the dealer and asked what condition the vehicle was in. The Dealer explained that it was in excellent condition, and that it still covered under it original 30K mile warranty since the car had only been driven 26K miles. They also said that the car was in such good condition that the owner of the dealership and her son had been using the car as their personal vehicle for a few weeks before they put it up for sale. They faxed me a Carfax report that said the vehicle was clean of accidents. So i bought the vehicle and paid shipping cost for my trade in and the camry to and from Texas. After the vehicle was delivered I drove it for less than a mile and noticed that the car did not drive right, It had a wabble to it. I contacted Gene Gormans about the problem and they acted shocked, said that maybe one of the wheels had a bad bearing. I took the vehicle to a certified Toyota Dealership, and they said the car was a salvaged vehicle and the warranty experied on dec 3rd of 2008, also they stated any legitimate car dealer should have noticed the problem. After talking with the owner's wife of Gene Gormans, Once again shocked, they said they were insulted by the Toyota Dealerships report and that if i wanted to i could ship the car back to them, at my expense, and they would get me into another car. They stated that they were not experts on cars that all they do is check the carfax report, detail the car and offer it for sale. DON'T TRUST THIS DEALERSHIP... To this day they will not do anything else to help me. The extra 3 month warranty they added to the vehicle would not cover any of the problems that we found.

An

More Gene Gorman's Auto Sales Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ri
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I totally disagree, I have purchased three vehicles from Gene Gorman auto sales over the past seven years and all of them have been excellent vehicles. Their staff has always treated me wonderful and been very helpful after the sale as well. I would recomend Gene Gorman auto sales to anyone purchasing a vehicle or getting repairs done at their service center.

• Bo
      21st of Sep, 2009

We have bought 2 cars from Gene Gorman. They have been good dependable cars. Sorry this customer had such a problem, but why on earth would anyone want to buy a used car sight unseen or not able to drive it first. I believe I would of thought this out a little more.

• Sw
      10th of Mar, 2010

I bought 2 cars from Gene Gorman. They have been dependable vehicles and the customer service was great! Everyone at Gene Gorman that I came in contact with was so nice and fair. I have recommended Gene Gorman to many people. The service center manager was nice and accommodated me in every way, as far as my schedule. They are just good folks.

• Da
      8th of Jun, 2010

When hurricane Charley came through we didn't have a vehicle. 3 kids under 10, no credit to speak of. We went to Gene Gorman's and he personally came into the office & gave us a chance to re build our lives & our credit! We promised we could and would get on the right track if someone would just give us a chance! He did & we did!! We just traded in the 1st vehicle we got from there ( which was a 98 dodge grand caravan Runs great) and bought a 2008 Dodge Charger from Gene. The staff has always been wonderful, polite and will bend over backwards to help you. We can't thank them enough for giving our family the little help it needed to start in the right directions. We are planning on taking our 16 year old son there as well to get his 1st car!! Thank you all at Gene Gorman Auto sales..We LOVE our car!!!.
    Dave Sunderman & Family North Port, FL. 6-8-2010

• Ca
      15th of Jan, 2011

I totally agree with the original poster. I bought a used car from them and they lied about the condition of the car. The salesman said it was inspected and all was in good condition. Within days of buying the car I had to pay $500 in repairs plus pay for a rental. Their mechanic contradicted their salesman and said the car was never inspected. He listed item after item that was wrong with the car. The mechanic seemed to have ethics so I wonder if he still works there.

This is definitely a Buyer Beware company. Take your business somewhere else.

• Sh
      19th of Feb, 2016

I had a car that kept dying. At the time I had left my abusive husband, and was living in my car! It died across the street from Gene Gorman. I got it over there and asked them could they please find out what was wrong with it. A mechanic told me he was taking the alternator out and sending out to Ford up the street. I went back a day or so later to see what was going on. I waited st the cashier to pay. A woman rudely came up to me and said there was no charge, that my car was o.k., nothing wrong with it, get it off the lot. Needless to say, it died soon as I got back on the street. Got rid of that. Then a few weeks later I was talking to two sales people from their dirty cheap lot. I told then I wanted a van. They said they had at least five. When I got there no vans. Tried to sell me a car that had not even been inspected yet.
    Don't go there. They are rude and unreliable. Can't imagine if I had bought a car from them.