Gems TV / Bad tanzanite

1 Reno, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-436-7882

I have a real problem with their tanzanite. I bought a so called AAA tanzanite ring and when I got it I wasn't sure of the color and the more I look ed at it the madder I get. It is definitely not a AAA not even a real color tanzanite, it has very little color. I took a trip to the caribbean and their tanzanite was absolutely beautiful and blue. I am so upset... I also bought a blue diamond from them that is the oddest color blue diamond I have ever seen and I am really upset with that also... You have to be really careful what you buy from them, I have bought a lot and most of it is alright except for the most expensive things I got. I will stay with their cheap stuff..

Ro

Comments

• Ni
      14th of Feb, 2009

What made you work at gems

By: Nick Woods

2nd of Apr, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i also have my own educational jewelry discussion group here under "JEWELRY & WATCHES" i read your complaint and i want to inform you to STOP BUYING T.V. JEWELRY, WHEN IT COMES TO "TANZANITE" THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD DEAL.

Tanzanite is 1000 times rarer than a diamond now why would anyone want to sell you a Triple A quality Tanzanite off of a tv screen knowing this? Tanzanite is a precious gemstone that has a very lively color not many gemstones close to its' color has.

If you'd like to purchase a quality Tanzanite that is Triple A quality feel free to contact me, and let me know your budget for the Tanzanite you'd like to own. I'd also like to know what shape and carat weight you're interested in as well.

You can feel free to contact me here or at my contacts below:

Email: [protected]@yahoo.com

Phone: 404-447-5459

My Online Jewelry Blog: http://jamesisajeweler.blogspot.com

• Ge
      4th of Apr, 2009

There is a terrible exaggeration here by James the jeweler! Frankly, I am smelling an oppurtuinst. No tanzanite is 1000 times rarer than a diamond. It all depends upon grades! Caribbean is a super place to buy them for cheap. Of course, you have to be comfortable with the jeweler.

Good luck to all and do not buy jewelry on the net! It has to be touched to fall in love!!!

4th of Apr, 2009

To "GETTHE THIEVES" are you a GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST like i am? did you take a course in DIAMONDS & COLORED GEMSTONES like i did? apparently you didn't and it really seems to me you have NO COLORED GEMSTONE EDUCATION either. I STRONGLY SUGGEST you watch what you call James The Jeweler unless you can back up your claims against me, because for one YOU'RE THE OPPORTUNIST HERE not me? i'm already an ESTABLISHED, EDUCATED JEWELER you're not.

To everyone here i'd like for you to see who's the liar, and who's telling you the truth about TANZANITE, and of course i'm the one telling you the truth. Go to GOOGLE and type in" IS TANZANITE 1000 TIMES RARER THAN A DIAMOND" and watch what comes up? I GUARANTEE YOU THE TRUTH WILL BE SHOWN.

"GETTHE THEIVES" DON'T EVER QUESTION MY INTEGRITY NOR MY EDUCATION IN THE JEWELRY INDUSTRY AGAIN, YOU LOW LIFE FOOL BECAUSE I DON'T BACK DOWN, NOR DO I APPRECIATE YOUR WORTHLESS, FACELESS ### LEAVING SUCH A BOGUS COMMENT HERE. "GETTHE THIEVES" YOUR CREDIBILITY HAS BEEN RUINED ALREADY BY ATTEMPTING TO CHALLENGED A "GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST" SUCH AS MYSELF! LOL! AFTER THE PEOPLE HERE READ THESE LINKS BELOW, THEY WILL NO LONGER TAKE YOUR COMMENTS SERIOUSLY AGAIN! GOOD LUCK TO YOU LOSER! LOL!

Everyone if you'd like to visit the link i have below that will CLEARLY SHOW YOU why TANZANITE is 1000 TIMES RARER THAN A DIAMOND.

VISIT: http://www.france24.com/en/20090220-report-tanzanite-tanzania-mines-rare-precious-gem-business-miners

4th of Apr, 2009

I just love it when the DUMB attempts to challenge the EDUCATED like myself? LOL! "GETTHE THIEVES" have you SOLD TO DATE 86 TANZANITES LIKE MYSELF "GETTHE THIEVES?" of course not, so you have no idea what a true QUALITY TANZANITE LOOKS LIKE EITHER, LOL!

CAVEAT TO THIS COMMENT: Everyone make sure you see & read that TANZANITE IS 1000 TIMES RARER THAN A DIAMOND, LOL!

I'm so glad i joined this site now for sure? i can show these BOGUS WANT TO BE JEWELERS WHO THE BADDEST "REAL" JEWELER IS HERE. I don't speak from what others say, i speak from my own educational DIAMOND & COLORED GEMSTONE EDUCATION FROM THE GIA.

"GETTHE THIEVES" I FEEL SO SORRY FOR YOU RIGHT NOW? BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN EXPOSED FOR THE UNEDUCATED LOSER YOU"VE ALWAYS BEEN FROM THE BEGINNING, AND I'M SO GLAD IT IS ME WHO HAS EXPOSED YOU HERE.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU FIND SOMEONE ON YOUR LEVEL TO CHALLENGE HERE, YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE COMING FOR ME BUDDY!

4th of Apr, 2009

EVERYONE I JUST CAN'T STOP POSTING ON THIS COMPLAINT DUE TO THIS TIRED FAKE WANT TO BE JEWELER "GETTHE THIEVES" LOL!

EVERYONE HERE'S ANOTHER LINK THAT'S EVEN MORE IN DEPTH IN ITS' DISCUSSION ON "TANZANITE" AND EVERYONE PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE WHAT I'M ABOUT TO PASTE FROM THE WEBSITE THAT YOU TO CAN READ AND SEE THE SAME "EXACT" THING I'VE POSTED BELOW.

SEE THIS AT: http://www.tanzaniteauthority.com/diamond-tanzanite-ring.html

Is It A Fact That Tanzanite Is Becoming Rarer?

Absolutely, Tanzanite is already one thousand times rarer than Diamond and given that it is only 6.5 on the Mohs scale, many pieces are accidentally destroyed. The fact that it is formed by a unique geological phenomenon, that has less than a million to one chance of being repeated, means that according to geological tests, the world’s supply of Tanzanite will be totally exhausted within 10 to 15 years.

IN YOUR OWN WORDS BELOW YOU "CHEAP" ###:

MAYBE THIS IS THE VERY REASON MANY OF THE MEMBERS HAVE BEEN "SCAMMED" LISTENING TO TIRED ### SHADE TREE "FAKE" JEWELERS SUCH AS YOURSELF? WELL THERE'S A "NEW" SHERRIFF IN TOWN AND MY NAME'S JAMES THE JEWELER, SO TAKE NOTE I'M HERE NOW.

QUALITY GEMSTONES COSTS AND THEY'RE RARE, CHEAP GEMSTONES ARE WHAT THEY ARE, AND ARE COMMON! I DON'T BUY CHEAP TANZANITE FOR MY CLIENTS, EITHER YOU CAN AFFORD QUALITY TANZANITE OR YOU CAN'T. I DON'T COMPROMISE ON QUALITY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER IT'S DIAMONDS, PRECIOUS COLORED GEMSTONES, OR JEWELRY.

Everyone stop LOOKING FOR DEALS AND START BUYING QUALITY maybe then you'll see there's a big difference in who can get QUALITY and who can get CHEAP GARBAGE JEWELRY.

"GETTHE THIEVES" YOU'RE REALLY LOOKING BAD RIGHT NOW! DID YOUR MOTHER EVER TELL YOU IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL? LOL!

4th of Apr, 2009

"GETTHE THIEVES" I SUGGEST YOU "TOUCH" A COURSE IN GEMOLOGY LIKE I DID, THEN "TOUCH" SOME "QUALITY" TANZANITE LIKE I ALREADY HAVE. Stop "TOUCHING" CHEAP, LOW QUALITY GEMSTONES SO MUCH I'M VERY SURE YOU'LL COME TO APPRECIATE THE QUALITY GEMSTONES WHEN YOU SEE THEM? LOL!

4th of Apr, 2009

OH "GETTHE THIEVES" EVEN A NATURAL RED DIAMOND IS MUCH RARER THAN A D-FLAWLESS WHITE DIAMOND! DID YOU KNOW THAT? OF COURSE NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT A JEWELER, NOR ARE YOU A "GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST EITHER, LOL!

OTHER "NATURAL" FANCY COLORED DIAMONDS THAT ARE MUCH RARER THAN A D-FLAWLESS DIAMOND AND CLARITY MEANS NOTHING WHEN IT COMES TO "NATURAL" COLORED DIAMONDS. PINK, BLUE, PURPLE, GREEN, AND ORANGE DIAMONDS WILL PUT A D-FLAWLESS DIAMOND TO SHAME AT AUCTION! EVEN A CANARY YELLOW DIAMOND HAS OUTSOLD MANY D-FLAWLESS WHITE DIAMONDS FOOL.

GET YOUR DIAMOND & COLORED GEMSTONE EDUCATION "GETTHE THEIVES" BEFORE YOU EVER AGAIN ATTEMPT TO CHALLENGE ME ON THIS SITE.

Did you know that even a NATURAL ALEXANDRITE commands more than many natural white diamonds GETTHE THIEVES? of course you didn't? and ALEXANDRITE IS A NATURAL COLOR CHANGE GEMSTONE THAT TURNS BLUISH GREEN IN THE SUNLIGHT AND TURNS PURPLISH RED UNDER INCANDESCENT LIGHT. ALEXANDRITE IS ALSO MY BIRTHSTONE AS WELL.

OH AND FOR REFERENCE HERE'S A PIECE OF INFO THAT THE OTHER MEMBERS CAN GO CHECK FOR THEMSELVES AT THIS SITE BELOW IF THEY DON'T BELIEVE ME.

YOU CAN FIND THIS PARAGRAPH BELOW AT: http://www.gemstone.org/gem-by-gem/english/alex.html

The magic of changing colours

The most sensational feature about this stone, however, is its surprising ability to change its colour. Green or bluish-green in daylight, alexandrite turns a soft shade of red, purplish-red or raspberry red in incandescent light. This unique optical characteristic makes it one of the most valuable gemstones of all, especially in fine qualities.

AGAIN IN YOUR OWN TIRED WORDS BELOW YOU DUMB ###:

JAMES THE JEWELER RESPONSE TO YOUR BOGUS STATEMENT: I'D NOW LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THE EXAGGERATION IS IN MY COMMENT ABOVE? I'D ALSO LIKE TO KNOW WHAT OPPORTUNITY WAS I LOOKING FOR BY TELLING THE OTHER MEMBERS HERE ABOUT TANZANITE AND THE FACT THAT IS 1000 TIMES AS RARE AS A DIAMOND?"

• Ju
      7th of Apr, 2009

Buying coloured gemstones online can be tricky so the vendor should that be well researched before making a purchase. For a major purchase it is my opinion that it is best to buy at a brick and mortar store where you can see the colour and then take it for appraisal to a certified gemologist.

Remember when buying tanzanite that 99% has been treated and that due to hardness level it is not recommended in a ring.

Lastly, stay away from any gemologist who calls themselves educated, but can't write a civilized response without resorting to name calling.

7th of Apr, 2009

@ "JUSTALURKER" get the very same thing you're saying here is OBVIOUS to anyone who's a SMART SHOPPER, and don't get upset because you're NOT A GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST like myself? i will use any names i feel i need to here, and if you don't like my preference of words that's for you to deal with.

I'm already working with other members on this site to help them resolve their jewelry issues regardless of your WORTHLESS COMMENT against me, it's not going anywhere. When youc call me a liar i can back up my GEMOLOGY EXPERIENCE on any gemstone INCLUDING TANZANITE.

For your information "JUSTALURKER" i buy my client's TANZANITE for them so they don't have to worry about TANZANITE that doesn't look like TANZANITE. When a FAKE GEMOLOGIST calls me a liar on my information i post here, i'm going to take him or her to the wood shed with the FACTS. Like i said TANZANITE is 1000 times rarer than a DIAMOND and the FACTS have been shown.

You can attempt to slander me but your efforts are going to hell with you! so keep it moving INVISIBLE MAN! LOL! go get your GEMOLOGY CERTIFICATE FROM THE GIA LIKE I DID THEN WE CAN TALK GEMSTONES HERE. BE IN BUSINESS OVER 14 YEARS LIKE ME, THEN WE CAN TALK ABOUT JEWELRY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE You may not like what i said to the past fool who tried to QUESTION MY INFORMATION here but i COULD CARE LESS.

7th of Apr, 2009

IN YOUR OWN FOOL WORDS BELOW "JUSTALURKER"

JAMES THE JEWELER RESPONDS BACK TO THIS BOGUS STATEMENT: I DON'T CALL MYSELF EDUCATED I AM EDUCATED AND I ALSO HAVE EXPERIENCE TO BACK UP THE EDUCATION I HAVE. REGARDLESS OF WHAT I CALL ANY MEMBER HERE WHO IS NOT BEING HONEST WITH OTHER MEMBERS, THAT WILL NEVER INTERFERE WITH MY KNOWLEDGE OF THE DIAMONDS, COLORED GEMSTONES, OR THE JEWELRY I SELL OR BUY FOR MY CLIENTS, SO KEEP YOUR BOGUS ATTACKS TO YOURSELF.

YOU MAY APPRECIATE THE MESS "GETTHE THIEVES" ATTEMPTED TO QUESTION MY EDUCATION ON, BUT GUESS WHAT JUSTALURKER? THAT FOOL GOT EGG IN HIS FACE TRYING TO CALL ME A LIAR! LOL!

7th of Apr, 2009

CAVEAT TO MY COMMENTS TOWARDS OTHER MEMBERS HERE CONCERNING TANZANITE: WHEN YOU BUY CHEAP TANZANITE EXPECT TO BE DISAPPOINTED! I DON'T BUY, PROMOTE NOR SELL "POOR QUALITY" DIAMONDS, COLORED GEMSTONES, OR JEWELRY.

EVERYONE STOP LISTENING TO MEN OR WOMEN WHO ARE NOT A "GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST" NOR A "CERTIFIED JEWELRY APPRAISER." YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR WHEN YOU GO AFTER A SO CALLED "DEAL" IN THE JEWELRY INDUSTRY. THESE JEWELRY STORES ARE FILLED WITH UN-EDUCATED FAKE JEWELERS WORKING BEHIND THE COUNTER TRYING TO GET YOUR MONEY, THEY CAN'T TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT THE JEWELRY YOU'RE TRYING TO BUY WITHOUT GOING TO GET ANOTHER SALES ASSOCIATE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.

I'M GOING TO CONTINUE MY EFFORTS TO BRING THE HARD TRUTH TO THIS SITE, AND I'M GOING TO BE IN YOUR FACES WITH MY DIRECT ANSWERS TO YOUR COMPLAINTS, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I SAY HERE, DON'T POST YOUR COMPLAINTS BECAUSE I AM GOING TO COMMENT ON ANY COMPLAINT I PLEASE HERE. SO PUT YOUR HELMETS ON IF YOU'RE VULNERABLE TO MY VERBAL ATTACKS ON SCAMMERS! LOL!

7th of Apr, 2009

ANOTHER BIT OF ADVICE FOR THE OTHER MEMBERS ON THE COLOR TREATMENT OF TANZANITE BECAUSE ITS' COLOR IS HEAT TREATED:

Very briefly, when tanzanite is mined, it is almost always grayish or brownish. Once in awhile a "rough" will come out purple or blue, but for those that don't, heat treatment is there. This treatment brings out the beautiful blues and purples tanzanite is becoming so famous for. You need not worry about this. The treatment is permanent, therefore totally acceptable. Heated stones sell for the same price as untreated ones. I just thought you'd like to know that the practice exists so when a jeweler tells you about it, you won't be caught off guard. You can also use this as a good test for any unknown jeweler. Ask him if his tanzanite has been heat-treated. If he says no, you might want to consider another dealer. If he says yes, you not only have an honest jeweler, you probably will have won new respect from him and he will treat you accordingly.

HOW HARD IS TANZANITE YOU ASK?

Tanzanite has a Mohs hardness of 6.5 to 7.0 and is considered durable enough to be worn in practically any type of jewelry. As with any jewelry that is worn, it should be cared for. Tanzanite will scratch more easily than sapphire or diamond and should not be exposed to harsh chemicals and ultra-sonic cleaning.

OH I LOVE BEING A "GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST" THAT CAN EDUCATE AND INFORM OTHERS WHO NEED TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THE JEWELRY & GEMSTONE INDUSTRY!

7th of Apr, 2009

STAY AWAY FROM "DEAL" DIAMONDS, TANZANITE, & JEWELRY PEOPLE THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS DEALS ON "QUALITY JEWELRY & GEMSTONES." I SUGGEST YOU PAY FOR THE QUALITY YOU EXPECT TO OWN WHEN IT COMES TO FINE JEWELRY AND PRECIOUS COLORED GEMSTONES INCLUDING DIAMONDS.

STOP LOOKING FOR "DEALS" AND SPEND MORE TIME LOOKING FOR "QUALITY" THEN PAY THE FAIR MARKET PRICE FOR IT, IF YOU WANT TO OWN "QUALITY."

• Dr
      6th of Jun, 2009

To James the Jeweler,
    mate just CHILL! do you really think get the theives or anybody else has even bothered to read your posts?

• Dr
      6th of Jun, 2009

Who's the daddy

• Be
      17th of Jun, 2009

I have been very happy with Gems TV the rings and chains I have gotten are great waiting for my watch I got last week can't wait. I have 2 zultanite rings would like to know if you have zultanite in a post earrings?Thank you Beth from Michigan

• My
      25th of Jun, 2009

Wow JTJ I agree with Dr. Gill. I have also ordered rings and pendants as well as chains. I've been happy with the majority of my purchases. I have also sent rings back that just didn't fit right with no problems. My education? Not necessary to prove myself. I like what I like, plain and simple. That should be the bottom line for anyone purchasing any item from A - Z. Peace