GEmoney / Unfair practices!

1 4021 Chippewa CourtSt Cloud, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 727-686-0260

This is a two part complaint, I have had problems with them they have lied and manipulated me into getting more money out of me. I have called them several times about mysterious charges and late fees only to get mystical answers that make no sense at all. Thanks Abraham from customer service for trying to confuse me even more.

My sister had an even worse experience when her husband was diagnosed with cancer and had to go through extensive chemo therapy and could not work, they were the only company that would not work with her on her payments to them since he could not work and she had to make all the money for the household.

Comments

• Va
      7th of Apr, 2008
    GEMONEY
    P.O. Box 981422
    El Paso
    Texas
    www.gemoney.com

I had a line of Credit with GE Money and they closed all of a sudden without my knowledge and my credit history is good always. At least they should contact me as a courtesy being big company and what an ugly customer support.

• Vi
      1st of Aug, 2008
    GEmoney - personal loan
    no one
    Portugal

GE MONEY Never gets my money on the schedule dates and complains de Bank they say that its the banks fault and not theirs and they overcharge intrust taxes, they make us look like the bad guys, and they threat us with theyr lawyers and they really give a dam to help customers and dont do the best in theyr interest, they just want to rob you and so on .

• La
      13th of Nov, 2008

file complaints with the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision.

They cannot ignore complaints filed with Office of Thrift Supervision.

DO IT ASAP - the Fed is planning on giving some of the 700 Billion in mortgage bailout funds to credit card companies. We have to make sure they investigate GE MONEY and NOT GIVE THEM ANY OF THIS MONEY!

27th of Nov, 2008
    citi bank

A FEW DAYS LATE AND CITI A.K.A. GE MONEY WILL COME UP WITH A SUPRISE DOUBLE MONTH LATE FEE THAT DOUBLES YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENT. THINK I WILL PAY THEM OFF AND NEVER DO BUISNESS WITH THEM AGAIN.

• Je
      6th of Apr, 2009
    CUSTOMER JEAN VALEK
    14935 bagley ave Faribault .Mn
    Faribault
    Minnesota
    Phone: 5073327558
    djvalek@localnet.com

I CALLED GE MONEY FOR A PAY OFF AMONTH THREE MONTHS AGO. AND I PAID OFF THE AMONT THEY TOLD ME I OWED. NOW I AM GETTING BILLS FROM THEM STILL THREE MONTHS LATER. fOR EIGHTY DOLLER FOR WHAT??????????????????? I CUT MY CARD UP THE DAY I CALLED THEM FOR A PAYOFF. I WANT THEM TO STOP BILLING ME. JEAN VALEK

9th of Apr, 2009
    GEmoney - premium due date
    Care credit

Care credit said th ere's no charge for late fee according to the dental staff from the Dental Plus. She said " As long as you pay the premium for the month, they are not going to charge you so I accept my loan from them like $3000.00 + . What happened I got always a charge of late fee and change my premium of the higher amount as well as date so you can see I paid a lot of charges. I cannot do anything because they already doing my dental services. This is very unfair to me and the other customers that trusted the care credit company that financed by GE MOney Bank. It's very frustrating and hate this company too. Next time, before take a credit card, know first who you going to pay...Can you trust or Not.

• Ka
      27th of Apr, 2009
    GEmoney - Horrible to work with, disrepect
    GE Money
    Florida

I am writing about GE Money and how horrible they are to work with. They have no respect for the consumer. They are only interested in collecting the money. THey have horrible customer service.

I did some dental work and was talked into the CARE Credit card. The girl explained the program and I understood I had 1 year to pay the term of the debt.

I was unable to pay for two months the minimum payment since I lost my job. SInce then, I have been hired and got caught up from two months of payments.

I called GE money and they terminated the promotion without my knowledge and trashed my credit.

Unlike working with a reputable company, they have no regard for circumstances, and my efforts to make the account right.

I am current and they will not reinstate the original promotion.

I had no knowledge of the termination of the program. They do care about the customer!! I would never have worked with them had I known how awful they are to work.

Irate about GEMoney in Largo

• Dr
      29th of Jan, 2010
    GEmoney - Hopeless service
    India

I purchased some things on GE Money cash card in July 2009. The amount was just Rs. 1200/-. I started getting calls about payment in September. I asked for the statement but the company did not issue the statement for 3 -4 months. Meanwhile, company started sending the statements for late charges and went on building more and more amount. My simple request was to have a statement and I was prepared to remit the amount. I explained them in different ways. But they took 4 months to generate the statement. As soon as I received the July statement, I deposited the cheque on the next day. Now they have started harassing me for recovering the late payment charges. Not generating the statement is not my fault hence I should not be charged for this issue.

• Kr
      22nd of Feb, 2010
    California

I was on a promotional offer for denstist work. It was on a 24 month plan, but because i had issues for 2 months and the payment being late. They have taken me off the promotional and having a unreal interest rate. This is unreal this people have no compassion. There is no place to email all you get is operators.

• Na
      23rd of Jun, 2010
    GEMoney

GEMoney adds a late fee to an account on the date is due, not the day after. Once, when my payment and the late fee were posted on the due date, I complained and they reversed the fee. Several months ago, When I paid the balance in full on the due date, the late fee was also posted on the due date. I was told they would remove the late fee but they did not. Every statement since then has had an added fee. They had the audacity to offer to let me pay only part of these fees! I refused because I do not owe any of these fees. My account was paid in full on the date it was due.