Gem Shopping Networkhosts

L Sep 26, 2017 Review updated:

I've been watching your program for months now...But now it's time to make complaints. Why is it that nearly all of your hosts have to be loud, obnoxious and scream the description of every item they show. Marvin is the worst!!! i have to turn the sound off when he hosts the show.
He can't show one item during the entire show without loudly yelling, yelling and shouting when giving the price or description of the item he shows. Totally classless and unprofessional to the max!!! he's
showing ultra high end merchandise and he's not selling at some cattle auction!!! i compare your items to what you would find at tiffany's new york, but i guarantee, their salespeople don't scream at you, talk to you in loud obnoxious voices, or act like they're selling cheap, crap in a small town auction. He needs to find a job at a cattle auction house...He'd fit right in. The guy is totally without class should not be on your show!!!
it would also be nice if you required every male host to have a professional manicure, before their show. I've seen lots of filthy dirty finger nails. It's disgusting!!! if they don't have clean fingernails, make them wear white gloves, since everyone of them paws all over the items they're selling before slipping it on the models hand. It's really very, very gross!!! do you really think a salesman at tiffany's would dare be aloud to show merchandise with dirty fingernails?
the last thing...Why can't you back the camera up once in awhile and show the item a little further back on the models hand so we can get some idea of proportion to the hand. It's impossible to tell how really large an item is when you can't make a comparison by seeing it on the entire hand!
you sell beautiful, unique jewelry, but your show us totally without class because of your obnoxious, loud mouth hosts that were obviously trained at livestock auction houses!!! get rid of them and be more like tiffany's...Pure class!!!

• T
      Feb 28, 2018

I do agree, but only to a point. I think they are trying to get the audience excited. Hunter i one of my fav. hosts. I remember well his first day on the show.
    He was gentlemanly, kind, and especially kind to those who take the calls. As times have changed, he does seem to be getting louder. I find the elder men (who are always the "second in command" to have the knowledge and the kindness that they all should have. I also like Kurt. He is filled with knowledge. I used to watch him just to learn. That was great. Now it seems they have to RUSH, RUSH, RUSH.. to move along...and everything is "being sent away on that night"...THEN it then appears on the show the next day and for many, many days later. I don't like that. You often see the same jewelry over and over and hopefully you remember the last price it was announced. It is frustratinng.

• P
      Apr 21, 2019

It's not a sporting event. I would go to a brick and mortar store and like or tolerate the staff following me through the isles yelling and screaming because in their tiny minds they think it will make me toss more merchandise into my cart. It's rude and obnoxious. Kurt, Hunter and Marvin are the biggest windbags at GSN.

• P
      Apr 21, 2019

It's not a sporting event. I wouldnt go to a brick and mortar store and like or tolerate the staff following me through the isles yelling and screaming because in their tiny minds they think it will make me toss more merchandise into my cart. It's rude and obnoxious. Kurt, Hunter and Marvin are the biggest windbags at GSN.

• R
      Aug 05, 2019

Ok I completely agree with the hosts yelling it’s so annoying and Kurt omg he’s the worst like seriously he doesn’t even describe half the items all he does is goof off and talk about useless crap to the people around him. And oh oh what is with him having to repeat everything he says 3 times always seriously just Listen to him. “ 2.47 carats in the Diamonds, 2.47 carats in the diamonds, 2.47 carats in the diamonds. Folks that’s crazy OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH” like seriously is it like a tick or some neurological issue. And then now you got this model Sophia who constantly talks over the hosts and try’s to but in and be the host. Be seen not heard Sophia. And she never keeps her hand still when modeling an item. And not to mention if you google her a bunch of distasteful, classless, partially nude photos surface. Like really that’s who’s modeling for your company. Not a good look gemshopping network. Oh and pearl with her uneducated speech is always talking crap in the background. A few days ago a woman decided against an item and then changed her mind and called back but it had sold already and instead of saying “sorry let me find you another item similar” she yells “oh well that’s her loss not ours” like really get some professional people working for your company. Your selling the absolute highest quality jewelry on the planet and you’ve got people like this on your pay roll. Come on get some classy people your selling the best so get the best. All the hosts should be like Wess, Sky, and Jason. And maybe hire at least one woman to host. Oh and Kurt stop laughing your annoying.

• D
      Aug 21, 2019

Wow, I totally agree. Way too much yelling, its more like a BARNYARD AUCTION than high end jewelery show. When I change channels I immediately have to turn DOWN SOUND. So annoying. Its embarassing. If they think they have to inject excitement then they have NO SHOW, NO MERCHANDISE NOTHING. I have been tempted to buy but the hosts bug me way too much!!

• B
      Aug 26, 2019

Daniel's Southern Cali Dude Bro Dumb Surfer Guy routine is so out of sync with the items they are selling. He's getting louder by the hour and he says his goal is to break the record of selling the most items per show and he does NOT like doing overnights any more because he's too good: He only wants to do primetime as they are paid on sales and during those peak viewing hours each item sold receives a higher dollar amount by the hosts, not the sales persons doing the actual work. His ego is staggering. He rushes to take his glasses off and fix his boufanted hairdo when the camera comes back to him!
    He went on a tirade the other night because Bryan tried on a ring that Daniel insisted was a ladie's ring only. That was cringeworthy indeed. He made a nasty veiled comment to poor Bryan about not being able to tell if he was a real man or not. Ugh. Bryan brushed it off like the pro he is. Daniel said $20, 000 is cheap for a weekend stay in The Hamptons and Bryan said he could afford one of the women there a bracelet she liked then. Once again, Daniel was NOT happy, hahah!
    After being a jerk to Marvin, he could barely contain his anger at Marvin a few weeks ago when he asked Daniel if he speaks (rudely) like that to his wife. One of the models audibly gasped! Daniel does not wear a wedding ring and fiercely guards his personal life. Imagine when the model found out that the man she's been playing footsie with under the table all these months is married!

I want to see fine, hand-crafted pieces of jewelry, not watch Daniel's over-inflated ego and disturbing mood swings!

• B
      Aug 26, 2019

Wanted to also mention during the same show with so called "ladies ring" that Bryan tried on, an hour or so later, the vendor told Daniel to try on a size 8 pink sapphire ring on his pinky finger. He said he doesn't have anything to do with the call center or the customers to sell to and said OkeeDokee in a long drawn out sarcastic way, boy was he mad! I swear it wasn't me that called in to make him try on that ring! I'm not the only one that doesn't appreciate a vulgarian selling Chopard and David Webb.
    Have you heard him say, "Okay, let's go back in the Living Roomzies and talk, folks." I feel so creeped out when he says that, like I need a shower or something...