Geil USA / Memory support stinks and the company scams its customers

I thought I would buy some RAM with faster timings than many other brands offer. I ordered GeIL Esotera RAM from Newegg.com.

I received my RAM and immediately had to clip the UPC to send in for the rebate. This voided my opportunity to return this piece of junk to Newegg. My RAM set was defective. Testing showed one stick to be causing the problem while the other stick was working okay.

I filed for a warranty replacement with GeIL USA, which was approved. I sent in my RAM and received no email or phone call over a long period of time; eventually a package shows up from GeIL.

I open it up and... WTF... this is the same RAM I sent in! How do I know? I had a feeling there was going to be a problem getting a replacement, so I strategically marked the RAM with a special marking not visible during ordinary handling. The marking was present on this "replacement" memory.

I immediately called to find out what happened with my memory. Andy Wang advised me that it was "replaced." I informed him that the RAM was the same RAM I sent in for warranty. Andy Wang suggested that I return it again and he would "personally make sure it is replaced."

I complied with the request and returned it, at my cost, again. Once they received the memory, I contacted Andy and he told me the RAM was not defective. I advised him to test it more and under what conditions the stick failed for me. He later confirmed that the pair failed after 80 loops

of testing. Failure is failure, regardless of how long it takes for the failure to occur.

He advised me that they did not have the same colour of heat spreaders and wanted to make sure it was okay that the replacement was the alternative colour they offered. I agreed and waited for it to arrive.

Once I get the RAM for the second attempt of replacement, I promptly notice the same colour as what I sent in and I discover my markings are still visible which indicate that the RAM has STILL NOT been replaced as I was promised.

I call Andy again and he insists he hand-selected the RAM to send to me, and that it must be my board that is defective. Now he wants me to deal with GeIL Taiwan instead.

As proof my board isn't bad, I had to buy more RAM because GeIL took SO LONG to replace my RAM; I bought Patriot brand, and I have extensively tested it before clipping the UPC for rebate purposes. Guess what... the Patriot RAM doesn't fail no matter how long I let the tests run -- GeIL can't match this.

In short, don't buy any GeIL RAM ever! They are liars and scammers! I'm going to see what other action I can take in order to get a replacement or refund for this poor RAM that I ended up with. If you have any questions or would like copies of the email correspondence, I would be happy to provide them to you. I hope this review is helpful to someone.

Va

Comments

3rd of Aug, 2008
    Geil USA - Scam
    Geil USA
    Chino
    California
    geilusa.com

I bought a piece of ram for $270.00 and cancelled the order later. The geil usa never gave me a refund and have ignored too many emails for couple of months. They put my calls on the phone until it timeout. I used to see many employess on MSN chat line and they all blocked me out. They even ignored all my order and never responded to me.

Once an employee told me that order is untracable. How can that be if invoice ever got generated. That was absolute lie.

I did a chargeback with bank and bank told me that violated seller's policy in that there is no refund after purchase. That just didn't make sense since I was a reseller and never sign a piece of agreement nor policy, which they have never given to me (small customer).

Not only that their internal management has been such a crap in which boos and manager don't ever do a things nor manage company properly in accordance of law and ethics. They would just forced employees to ignore anything they want. Former employees (most of them/ should I saw all of them) hated them so much. Manager has reportedly lied a lot and they would scam any how against any one.

• Fm
      29th of Jul, 2013

while ago i bought geil memory too. was kept as spare one. then one day i needed memory so installed in motherboard and tested so called new memory. checked with 2 different motherboards, defective. waiting for va second with for RMA. what i piece of junk this chine located CO! bunch of scambags and loosers!