Geico / unauthorized withdrawal

I received an online quote from Geico for $444 for 6 months of auto insurance. I accepted and gave all my information including bank account info and payment plan. After all that was done a page to confirm my information popped up, and I noticed my license number was wrong. I corrected it and suddenly a recalculated premium popped up for almost $1200 for 6 months. NO ONE else's premium was that high, next to it was a buy button. I exited the site and did not click the buy button. Next day $560 was taken out of my bank account. When I called and informed them it was unauthorized they apologized for the mistake and canceled the insurance stating it would take 14 days for me to receive the refund check. I stated that was unacceptable, I already had 1 overdraft fee from the bank due to this and other bills with automatic withdrawal. Carranna the supervisor stated it wasn't their problem that I had probably clicked a wrong button on the website and that the hundreds of dollars in overdraft fees I am looking at is again not their problem. I told her to have her IT people check the key strokes, and all she would say it that the refund check is in the mail and the policy has been canceled. I asked her if it was Geico's policy to take money unauthorized from a person's account and leave them with not even 25cents for gas or food. As a single mom, I think it is disgusting that they compunction about stealing from you and leave you unable to afford food for your child, again told nothing they would do about it.

Comments

• Ra
      Mar 16, 2011

THEY DID THE SAME THING TO ME AFTER I CANCELED MY POLICY WITH THEM BECAUSE I COULD GET IT FOR HALF THE PRICE TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AFTER I CANCELED MY POLICY. ITS FUNNY HOW FAST THEY CAN TAKE IT OUT AND TAKE SO LONG TO GIVE IT BACK. THERE SHOULD BE A LAW AGAINST THAT. I TOO CANT AFFORD IT I NEED THE MONEY AND STILL DON'T HAVE IT.

• Re
      Jan 24, 2013

A horror story please read!!! its 2013 and Geico still takes out unauthorized money from your account without

Geico said:
    "A message was displayed several times advising you that a separate payment would be processed for this amount."
    Geico took AN ADDITIONAL $45 out of my account ONE HOUR AND 15 MINUTES AFTER I APPROVED FOR ONLY $64 . TOTALING $115!!! I DID RECIEVE THE $64 REFUND AND MY BANK CREDITED THE $45 BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT BASED ON HOW THEY TOOK IT AND MY PROOF OF TRANSACTIONS AND THEIR LETTERS!!
    My reply to Geico:
    AGAIN, STOP LYING IF IT DID STATE ADDITIONAL MONEY WOULD, I WOULD HAVE USED A DIFFERENT CARD !!! I HAVE PROOF STATING IT DIDN'T AND THE AMOUNT TOTALING WOULD HAVE STATED A TOTAL $115!!!

GEICOS'S ONLINE PAYMENT HISTORY STATES ONLY A MONTHLY DEDUCTIONI APPROVED FOR ONLY $64 AND NEXT PAYMENT OF THAT AMOUNT WOULD BE TAKEN OUT ON FEB FOR $64 ONLY, NOT THE PAST DUE AMOUNT OF $45.

AGAIN I CALLED AND CANCELLED THE POLICY BEFORE THE $45 SHOULD HAVE OCCURRED. I SAW ON THE PRINTED ACTIVITY HOW YOU KEEP TRYING TO TAKE THE MONEY OUT AFTER I CALLED!!! GEEKCO DID NOT CANCEL BECAUSE OF MY PHONE CALL BUT OF NON-PAYMENT. REALLY???? NOTE THE PHONE CALL AND DATE!!!

ONLINE PROCESS NEVER INDICATED TAKING THE $45 A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-E!!! NOT BEFORE OR AFTER. NO EMAIL NOR PAYMENT HISTORY I SAW THE DEDUCTION ON MY BANK S-T-A-T-E-M-E-N-T.

YOUR EMPLOYEE APOLOGIZED AND ADMITTED WHAT I HAD STATED A TOTAL OF $115 OR $45 SHOULD HAVE A--P-P-E-A-R-E-D ONLINE!!!

STICK A FORK IN IT AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!! I FILED A CLAIMED AND TOOK SCREEN SHOTS OF THE FALSE TRANSACTION AND YOUR STEALING OF MONEY YOU WAS NEVER AUTHORIZE TO DEDUCT FROM MY ACCOUNT. I ALSO CANCEL MY POLICY BASED ON HOW MUCH NEXT MONTH WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM MY ACCOUNT. A REGULAR PERSON WILL BE CHARGED A THEFT BY DECEPTION, GEICO SHOULD TO BE PUT ON NOTICE!!!

PS. ITS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY ITS H-O-W YOU TOOK IT OUT OF MY ACCOUNT THAT FTC AND THE INSURANCE GOVERNMENTAL BOARDS ARE LOOKING IN TOO!!! FUK A SURVEY AND STOP HARASSING ME!!!

Click here to Reply or Forward