Geico / price increase for no reason

San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

I am furious with geico right now! I called to switch out 2 of my cars. I expected the rates for those to go up a bit because they are newer cars. However, the price for a truck I did not change in any way, shape, or form should not have changed at all!!! The truck is the same: same driver, same housed location, even fewer (Much fewer) miles than I need, etc. Yet, the rate for that truck went up $60. Are they kidding me? Rip off!!! I have called several companies so far to get quotes for new policies with their competitors, and each of them has said that the rate for the truck should not have changed. Shame on them!

Jo
Jul 28, 2016

Comments

•   Jul 29, 2016

"I have called several companies so far to get quotes for new policies with their competitors, and each of them has said that the rate for the truck should not have changed." How would they know? THEY are not Geico and have no bearing whatsoever on Geico's charges or policies. Price changes are determined by the type of policy you have, how many vehicles, the age and type of vehicle, and whether your policy is being changed mid term. It is not a rip off. It is a free market. And just fyi, the other companies will bad mouth Geico to get your business. Which is bad business.