Geicoinsurance

A GEICO insured client backed into my car in a parking lot on April 23, 2017. As she was backing up I honked my horn. It didn't work. She got out of her Dodge Journey after she'd hit me. My son was in the car with me.

I called GEICO and told them what had happened. They sent me two emails and a claim number:

Review your claim online anytime
View this email in your browser
GEICO Logo
Bruce Dunn
Your Claim Number: [protected]
You successfully set up your claim
Thank you for reporting your claim. We hope to make this process as simple as possible for you.
Use claims.geico.com to check your claim status, schedule/reschedule your vehicle appointment, review your estimate and payments, fill out any forms, upload documents, contact us, and much more.
TAKE ME TO MY CLAIM
Sincerely,
Your GEICO Claims Team
Do not reply to this email. Information emailed in response to this message will not become part of your claim file; submit your inquiries to contact us.

New GEICO Mobile is Here!
This email was sent to you at the following email address: [protected]@gmail.com
Message ID: CLM-8
Government Employees Insurance Company | GEICO General Insurance Company | GEICO Indemnity Company | GEICO Casualty Company | GEICO Advantage Insurance Company | GEICO Choice Insurance Company |GEICO Secure Insurance Company | GEICO County Mutual Insurance Company | Colonial County Mutual Insurance Company
One GEICO Plaza, Washington, D.C. 20076

They called me a few days later and said they can't find the person who hit me. I had a picture of the woman's GEICO card along with her vehicle ID #. I gave them all the information on the GEICO card.

Days later they called me and said they can't find her and she doesn't answer her phone or mail and they can't satisfy the claim.

Really? I think the DMV will find her since I have her Vehicle ID#. I have her policy number also, but apparently that doesn't mean anything to GEICO.

Unbelievable.