Geico Auto Insurance / possible insurance fraud

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I had ins. with allstate & decided to switch to geico because they were cheaper.After a couple of weeks when i had ins. with geico, Allstate called & said they might be able to beat geico's price if i would come down & talk to them.Dec.9/2009 I signed backup with Allstate at about 1:30pm.That afternoon I called geico & told them I wanted to cancel & I was going back to allstate.I told the person I talked to, that Allstate was going to start ins. on 12/16/09(because I told allstate, my ins. with geico was good until the 15th) & I wanted to let my ins. run up until that date.After a few minutes on hold she came back & said I would owe $2 & some odd cents for one more day, because my policy is pd. up untill12/14/09.I said, fine, because I had it set up on auto draft so its no big deal.She took a few minutes to set everything up on the computer & we said bye & hung up.On 12/15/09 my daughter was driving the car & the brakes failed.She hit the car in front of her.Thank God no body got hurt.I met her at the accident a few minutes later.I told the guy she ran into that geico was really going to be mad because my ins. was going back to allstate midnight tonight.The guy she ran into called a couple of hours later & said there was a problem with the ins.the next day i talked to geico & they said I was not covered, My ins. was expired 12/14/09 at 12:00pm.I explained to them the conversation I had 12/09/09 at 5:30 pm with the woman at geico & they said they would check the records & recordings.I argued with them 3 or 4 times on the telephone over a period of about a month.monday I have to send out a ck. to a collection agency for 1/4 down & make payments for 2yrs.to pay for the car repair because I don't have proof of the conversation about her adding 1 more day at $2 & someodd cents.So here I sit all Broke & Hearted.I certainly hope this message helps somebody in the future.May God bless all of you.

Re

Comments

• Po
      18th of Dec, 2010

I am so sick of Geico and their lies I could scream!

• Po
      18th of Dec, 2010

I was rear ended by a woman who admitted it was her fault. We are both with Geico. On calling I have been told to use my medicare and pay the remaining 20% myself, (to see a chiro.) I was told that if I went through her policy number that I would be investigated, I was told that we wouldn't know if she was covered for 7-10 days, Maybe because I am older, not as pretty, or didn't drive a Mercedes. I was asked for a list of meds that I had been taking on the 3rd call(like I had done something to cause this), it goes on and on, every time I call I get the run around and was told by the rep. that she didn't believe this woman was really a careless driver, (I told them exactly why she was). I've paid them every 6 months for probably the last 11 years. The policeman said it was very clear to see the damage on my car. If they were driving with out proper insurance, wouldn't they be driving illegally? Would it do me any good to contact the state insurance commissioner? They haven't even sent an adjuster out to look at my car, I had to find someone myself to look and see if it was still driveable.