GeekSquad.com / crappy service/lack of knowledge

Phone: 814-949-6750

Avoid these losers at any cost. Despite thier commercials they have no idea what they are doing plus they treat customers like dirt. After my teenage son downloaded a game my computer crashed. We took the computer was dropped off on 08 / 01 / 08 with a repair date in writing by these dorks as 08 / 04 / 08. Had it in writing but i guess these losers can read. Waited until 08 / 05 to call and got the run - around about how it was infected with 2 viruses they claim to have found. I called again on 08 / 07 / 08. This time i got "it's giving us problems". Nice answer from so called experts. I was told that for a mere $250 they would wipe the "c" drive, re - install windows if i brought in my recovery disk and recover my files from work. No mention this time of the viruses mind you. I guess whoever you talk to on a given day is what is wrong with your computer. What a nice bunch or caring people - not!!! I paid $70 for them to tell me it didn't work. No ###, thats why it was there. Save your money. You have better odds of having the kid next door to get your computer up and running as you do this bunch of money grubbing, screw the customer batch of ###s!!!

Comments

5th of Nov, 2008

GEEK SQUAD HAS NO COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE!!! They are worthless, as is their other company name "Best Buy". I made the mistake of purchasing both a desktop and a laptop from them less than one year ago. The desktop has been in the repair shop more times than I can count. In fact, when it was set up in the store, the Geek Squad Manager who did the set up, did everything wrong - After paying $159, I came home, opened the box to my brand new computer and turned it on to see the error code "FATAL ERROR" on the setup! From that day, my problems escalated.

My $1500 notebook has been in the shop 8 times. Geek Squad is CLUELESS as to what they are doing. In fact, they are all supplied with a disk that gives them the same instructions for every computer check. I know this because one of the employees at Geek Squad, knowing how many times I had come in, gave me the disk. Unfortunately, after trying to use it I left it in my disk drive and it "mysteriously" disappeared when my notebook was at Geek Squad's main service center. I go to law school and I need my notebook. They have already lost three sets of data that were irreplaceable (pictures of my dad's funeral, pictures of family, documents, etc.)

The most recent problem has taken over two months to repair!!! The first time my notebook was sent out, they returned it after TWENTY ONE days (a breach of my service agreement) with a note saying they needed my password!!! Unbelievable!!! It was sent out again, this time for 18 days! They sent it back, having done NOTHING to resolve the problem. It went back the THIRD consecutive time and was sent back to me one month later after they "supposedly" replaced my disk drive and fingerprint sensor. They also claimed they gave me a new battery (my notebook would not hold a charge for more than 10 minutes)! I checked the computer in the presence of a store employee, who verified they had NOT changed the battery, they had NOT repaired the fingerprint sensor. It went back out for the FOURTH consecutive time. I am still without my notebook.

I am APPALLED AT BEST BUY'S LACK OF CONCERN AND THEIR ENTIRE GEEK SQUAD DEPARTMENT.

I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW WHAT I EXPERIENCED SO THEY STAY AWAY FROM THIS IRRESPONSIBLE, DISHONEST, AND IMMORAL COMPANY!!!