Geeksquad / Poor Service

1 Sugar Land, TX, United States Review updated:

I had a terrible experience with the Geeksquad and will not recommend them to anyone - ever!!! In early August I made and appointment and paid for the services at a local Best Buy to have a Geeksquad agent come and expand the range of my wireless network. The first agent was great - came within the scheduled 4 hour window and diagnosed the problem. He then scheduled another appointment for an agent to come in with the expander/booster to increase the range of my wireless network. It went downhill from there. The next agent came and didn't have the accessory needed. My 4 hour was wasted. I scheduled another appointment - waited another 4 hour. No one called to say when an agent will come or that he'll be late. 5 hours later I called only to be told that the agent was running late and would be there in an hour - didn't work for me. The customer service had the nerve to tell me that I had to give them a window - 6 hours!!! Needless to say we had to re-schedule. Another 4 hour wait - no one turned up. I called in only to be told the agent had called in sick!!! No one called to inform me. Another agent came 2 hours later - but didn't have the part needed!!! Had to re-schedule again. Today I waited 4 hours again - no one turned up, no one called! I called only to be told the original agent is not able to make it and they will send a replacement asap!!! I am waiting - and hoping he comes with the part that is needed... But I am really, really upset with the Geeksquad and WILL NEVER USE THEIR SERVICE EVER AGAIN!!!

La

More Geeksquad Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      3rd of Oct, 2008

They'll hire anyone to work on geek squad.

• Ge
      26th of Jan, 2012
    Geeksquad - False Information
    GeekSquad
    2909 Yates Rd
    Hillsborough
    North Carolina
    Phone: 919-732-0989

When I initially signed on with GeekSquad I paid $184.00 Oct. 19, 2011 for Internet connection. The Geek Squad associate informed me that my speakers were not working and that I needed an Eternet Cable with virus protection. I contacted them in January of 2012 for repairs ie delivery of speakers, Ethernet Cable and virus protection. The GeekSquad associate turned my speakers on by the switch on the back of them, told me that I did not need an Ethernet Cable and installed WEBROOT when I had requested NORTON virus protection. When I made the initial appointment I was not informed of the additional $194.00 charges, I thought all of this was free due to my initial membership with a 6 month guarantee that the Geek Squad would come back to my residence for above stated services at no fee. I feel ripped off!
    Kim Oakley-Outlaw