Geeks on Site / false advertising

Bemidji, MN, United States Review updated:

I contacted Geeks on Site due to a blue screen on my computer. I spoke with Daniel who eventually could not help me due to not being able to connect to the internet. I was eventually able to connect and contacted Geeks On Site again and spoke with Nick. Nick advised me it would be $149 which guarnteed Geeks On Site would fix my computer, it would be warranteed for 7 days, and I would receive the same antivirus software that they use. I agreed. My computer was fixed? I started getting virus threat notices from the Microsoft anti virus software that they installed. When I clicked to remove the virus it came up with a screen for me to pay for the full software service! I contacted Geeks on Site again and they advised that it was passed the 7 days and that I was given the one year free trial of the anti virus software that they use!!! I advised Nick that I was not told it was a trial. Nick advised that these are just threats and they will not harm my computer. Dah!!! Nick also advised I needed be careful of the sites I went on. I advised I had been on 3 sites that day: Facebook Graigslist, and Windstream. Nick stammered a little and then said that Graigslist uses ads that can be a problem. What a ripoff!!!

Comments

• Mf
      2nd of Aug, 2012

geek on site in out of okc, ok. or tulsa oki. big rip- off don't use them. they charged me 149.00 to fix my computer by remote. assured that i would get a full refund, if they could'nt fix it. they worked on it for 3 days and had me on hold on the phone for most of it..., could'nt fix it won't give a refund only 1/2 of it. there a big scam.